Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Parts list from the description

Alien Head™ 2 Slip-On Exhaust System: $645 (Retail) / PN #301773
Brock's Stage 2 ECU Flash by Guhl Motors: $780 (Retail) / PN #923410
Dynojet PCV with Brock’s Mapping to Match the Items Above: $369.95 (Retail) / PN #923761
Brock’s Fully Adjustable Window Links: $164.95 (Retail) / PN #240798
Brock’s Heavy Duty Clutch Spring Kit w/ Adjustable Top Hats (Retains OEM Slipper): $99.99 (Retail) / Coming Soon
Full Synthetic Oil Change Using 4 qts of Kawasaki 10W-40 Motor Oil $99.99 (Retail) / N/A
Petron Plus Oil Additive: $27.95 (Retail) / PN #790154
Front End Lowering Kit w/ Strap End: $179.95 (Retail) / PN #930320

Total: $2367.78 (Retail)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mine is just a touch over 250 and I still have a few more things to try with it. The following runs are with the stock exhaust and with the Guhl flash.

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
That is some nice figures, 30 hp gain just by a flash! What more things are you planning to try?

I just posted my exhaust mods, I'll show the results as soon as I can. I also bought all the Power Commander parts and will do those after I dyno the exhaust mods. We plan to try some work with the timing and try to get the best tune on there for race gas.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
LOL.Trying to go through the gears like they're doing on a strapped dyno machine....I don't think so.I run mine as aggressive as I dare...with TC on 1 just to be sure nothing goes weird....I had to NOT open it wide open.At the shift that is.I mean...qs'ing yes...but full wide open...no.Unless one has that TC set in like 2 something or 3....no way.Taking the full thrust out with TC...that's the only way I could see a radical FULL throttle run.I really don't want to wreck my bike...and it is very capable of getting away from anyone.

I should say...TC 1...it doesn't do much for wheelying at all....maybe save ya in a cornering slide situation...IDK...but full throttle inputs in the low gears...it didn't do anything to stop the lifting.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If gonna post hp figures, please give before/after numbers.. Saying its 250 means nothing if on another dyno it says its 220.
Either way. Gotta get dem gains!

Sorry, my earlier post said that I got 193, pretty much in line (+/- 1%) with all the other Dynojet and Superflow numbers. Have picked up 57 horsepower since then. Still have to test with a modified exhaust and the PCV. As they say "your results may vary".

·
Registered
574 Posts
What were the SAE numbers for this bike?

I can't really answer that, I am guessing there are all kinds of correcting factors that go into it. SAE's J1349 is the standard, but I don't know that it really matters except with OEM's. The main question with dynos is "am I making more horsepower than I was before, or did this hurt it?"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Edinlr you are of course correct. At the end of the day it made X amount more hp than before. The reason I was asking is I'm speculating sae numbers would likely be a little less (6-7 ish). I want big numbers too. I keep thinking adding a pc tune on top of the flash has got to be worth a few more hp along with Brock's oil additive for good measure.

Brock, how much hp did the oil additive add to the bike? Do I have to put the additive in after every oil change? thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
Edinlr you are of course correct. At the end of the day it made X amount more hp than before. The reason I was asking is I'm speculating sae numbers would likely be a little less (6-7 ish). I want big numbers too. I keep thinking adding a pc tune on top of the flash has got to be worth a few more hp along with Brock's oil additive for good measure.

Brock, how much hp did the oil additive add to the bike? Do I have to put the additive in after every oil change? thanks

There is no real additive that is going to increase horsepower, but depending on the additive, it might increase engine life. On the H2 there would be a real horsepower difference between Joe Gibb's Drivin synthetic oil and straight petroleum based stuff at the gas station. In a pro stock engine you would use a "0" weight racing oil that serves to just barely lube the motor for 20 seconds max operating time, but would fry the motor if run longer.

I use a ZDP additive when I put a motor together and just a couple ounces at oil changes.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts

mralbuquerque, the Petron only added 1-2 HP on the H2. But, the customer requested that I use an 'approved' motor oil for his engine. I suggested genuine Kawasaki 10w-40 full synthetic motor oil. It is fantastic stuff and already packed full of zinc, so the HP gains came with the addition of the oil, more than the additive (or both). Even so, the bike came with a VERY good break-in oil, whatever might have been in it?

As mentioned above, it's fantastic insurance - especially for a bike that runs so hot. We do suggest it for every oil change, for maximum performance.

Brock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.