Ninja H2 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took my H2 to the dyno with power commander map sent by Brock's. After 3 runs, highest pull was 240 running pretty rich. I was impressed, as a stock r1m had only made 151 on the dyno.

My question is about the tuning with secondary air injection. I haven't read anywhere of someone blocking them off so I didn't bother. The guy that was tuning would not tune it unless he could figure out how to block it. Are you guys just tuning with the secondary air injection intact or is there a tube I can easily reach without taking bike apart to block it off.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Most of those aftermarket tunes disable the secondary air injection. In any case, if it is showing rich even with the secondary air injection working, it is even richer at the engine. Leaning it out into a plausible and acceptable range will still have the engine running at that or richer.

The hose that leads to the secondary air injection should come from the air filter box but you'll have to see for yourself on the parts diagram and/or trace the hose on the bike, because the crankcase vent also goes there, and you certainly don't want to plug that one!

The scales are missing from the picture you posted ...

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Finally took my H2 to the dyno with power commander map sent by Brock's. After 3 runs, highest pull was 240 running pretty rich. I was impressed, as a stock r1m had only made 151 on the dyno.

My question is about the tuning with secondary air injection. I haven't read anywhere of someone blocking them off so I didn't bother. The guy that was tuning would not tune it unless he could figure out how to block it. Are you guys just tuning with the secondary air injection intact or is there a tube I can easily reach without taking bike apart to block it off.

Thanks
Hey 92fizzer,

Can I assume that you have our ECU flash to go along with our mapping?

If so, we disable the pair (aka, secondary air valve) electronically.

BTW, your 240 is on the SAE scale - that's 245+ on the STD scale that most people quote. Our Sportrider bike just ran 226.9 MPH with very similar hp numbers (250 STD). We run them a bit rich because they tend to lean out as they go faster/get hotter.

Brock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts