Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for posting this up for us. I have been interested to see the H2 on a dyno, and I'm also curious what kind of performance after market companies will be able to get out of the H2.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Honestly the exhaust system is going to be small potatoes on this engine. On a normal engine, the exhaust system functions to start motion on the incoming charge during the valve overlap period ... but on this engine, that supercharger already does that far more forcefully. The big thing with changing the exhaust is going to be getting rid of a lot of weight and bulk.

Reflashing the ECU is The Big Thing ...

Finding some way to achieve even a slight intercooling effect (possibly water injection) is The Next Big Thing ...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wont do ECU till I get a full exhaust. For no other reason than being able to shed more heat out the back of the pipe. IMO pushing 40+ more HP thru that Cat and valve thingy will get too hot.

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good God, 40 more HP, and if the cat doesn't go, the sucker will melt and clog, this is a serious no brainer. The thing stock with TC off will surely be near un-rideable for most, 40 more HP just adds insanity to the mix.

Second, with 40 more hp, the TC system still functions the same, no ?!! So what are you really gaining ? The front wheel lifts sooner and quicker.

This thing could start a forest fire in the outback for sure...

Rhody...

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Yes, it's not so much about power output but rather weight, appearance, sound, and (if you re-flash well beyond stock power output) heat management ... No idea how well the catalyst would survive 250 hp for any length of time but I'm guessing not ... ! ! !

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I don't think I need my pipes and all to get cherry red hot;)So far...I'm good with my stock setup.40 more HP could be disastrous on the street...if for no other reason than just riding it up in that range.Where would I open her up to use all that much more?Not very many places.Not and live to tell about it.Perhaps LSR or something.I'm considering a Guhl flash for the throttlebodies to stay open past the 10.5 mark...but really,that's about it.I'm 61,not 25.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Guys I've modded my girl and the best part is I lost 33 lbs and gained 43hp at the wheel....she is still very easy to ride and you only notice it when your fooling around...... And when your doing that you best be on your game.... I ride with the TC off most of the time unless I'm in the real tight twisties or on the track then I ride on TC -1..... Balls out boys!!!! Let's ride!

PS. Ditch the cat it's total BS! 0:)

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Don't get me wrong...I'm all for a guy getting everything outta this great bike they can...it's just...well...knowing me...I'd end up another statistic...I want to be here for the long haul with my riding.I have a LOT of trouble controlling my right hand on a throttlegrip...don't know WHAT that's about.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Mayhem stage 1? I'm sorry but all I see is Don Guhl's tune and another hideous, unproductive slip on. Why are all these slip-on guys reinventing the wheel? All most of us want is the H2R exhaust. Period. Copy the look, lose the cat, shave as much weight as you can and then take my money. Also, based on Akro's results, Brock's slip on is likely only responsible for 4 HP at best. Hardly 'mayhem'.

The other thing I don't get with this Brock's slip on (and the other attempts I've seen) - it looks like something I wouldn't put on a junker Katana much less a nearly 30K bike, regardless of how it sounds. Half your slip-on shouldn't be a license-plate-sized riveted on name, especially when your design creativity was exhausted at Arial bold. Also, no one cares.

If you exhaust guys are listening - I/we also need a full system so I don't have to cut off my cat. I need a way to put it back to stock if I sell it, get a fix it ticket, need to pass emissions or simply get tired of the racket. Which brings me to my last point; LOUD IS GOOD. The farther away you can hear the H2 coming the better considering closing distance will be quite rapid if I'm on the gas and headed your way. All the mags wax poetic about how great the R sounds, why would we want anything different?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The shape of speed is based in the H2R!
Even the exhaust!

So again:
A short Full exhaust system
made from carbon and titan lightweight!
the Full system-fixed behind the right footpeg (not with a ugly exhaust holder from the back )
may a Slip on with this ugly exhaust holder at the back couse of this ugly middle cat!
Form and Design near the H2R couse "shape of speed"
And for the Bad and good cops out there... The System Need a legal E number ob the can even the Full System!

Thanks to all exhaust experts who like to listen to the bikers and consumer

Reactions: ben1000z and mr.xr

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you exhaust guys are listening - I/we also need a full system so I don't have to cut off my cat. I need a way to put it back to stock if I sell it, get a fix it ticket, need to pass emissions or simply get tired of the racket. Which brings me to my last point; LOUD IS GOOD. The farther away you can hear the H2 coming the better considering closing distance will be quite rapid if I'm on the gas and headed your way. All the mags wax poetic about how great the R sounds, why would we want anything different?
Loud is not good in most area's these day due to municipalities coming down on motorcyclists for having loud exhaust. If you not a member of the AMA you should be, you would be more informed about the new noise ordinances popping up everywhere targeting motorcyclists. Your idea my friend Stinks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
The shape of speed is based in the H2R!
Even the exhaust!

So again:
A short Full exhaust system
made from carbon and titan lightweight!
the Full system-fixed behind the right footpeg (not with a ugly exhaust holder from the back )
may a Slip on with this ugly exhaust holder at the back couse of this ugly middle cat!
Form and Design near the H2R couse "shape of speed"
And for the Bad and good cops out there... The System Need a legal E number ob the can even the Full System!

Thanks to all exhaust experts who like to listen to the bikers and consumer
This is what's needed.... Full Power No Cat and if its too loud with the baffel out put it back in and lose the 6HP with it in no biggie....

·
Banned
546 Posts
Loud is not good in most area's these day due to municipalities coming down on motorcyclists for having loud exhaust. If you not a member of the AMA you should be, you would be more informed about the new noise ordinances popping up everywhere targeting motorcyclists. Your idea my friend Stinks!
Then buy a slip on or keep it stock if you care about ordinances. If I'm doing roll ons on the freeway that START at 70, the 'legality' of my exhaust is hardly a concern. I also don't care about the noise level at the drag strip, or bike night (where fire and racket make you king) or on windy, low visibility roads where there are a bunch of driveways. Love them or hate them, loud pipes save lives.

You buy the quiet pipes everyone is selling now, and I'll buy the loud full system that everybody else wants. Why does it have to be your way or the highway?

·
Registered
248 Posts
All most of us want is the H2R exhaust. Period. Copy the look, lose the cat, shave as much weight as you can and then take my money

If you exhaust guys are listening - I/we also need a full system so I don't have to cut off my cat. I need a way to put it back to stock if I sell it, get a fix it ticket, need to pass emissions or simply get tired of the racket. Which brings me to my last point; LOUD IS GOOD. The farther away you can hear the H2 coming the better considering closing distance will be quite rapid if I'm on the gas and headed your way.

I agree with the H2R exhaust 100%. The Loud is good part... yes and no. Good for on the road around other vehicles so they can possibly hear you if they aren't jamming to their music at louder levels. I have 2brothers slip-on on the 650f and its loud and actually irritating to listen to but is point-less in my area most of the time because of the amount of cars playing music louder than the pipe to where I here their stuff over the pipe.

I find Riding High Beam All Day and Night fixes my "Not being seen from behind" problem. Of course using proper road etiquette when on 2way streets.
Now the issue with the loud is, it's spring/summer time and the state troopers are on the hunt for bike that "sound like they are going fast", have lasers setup to clock speeds and then they radio in location spotted. The issue with that is, if someone has the same/similar bike like your and the you could get pulled over. It's happens to me. Now on the H2, less than a hand full exist as no mistaken identity in that department... yet anyways.

Now because the Suzuki 650f is the typical blue and white and guys on their blue and white gixxers hot rod up and down our 2nd loop where one could reach top speeds easily, I decide take a cruise out on the 650f with my girl. I always get pulled over. No tickets issued but it just sucks and is becoming a pain. So its parked until I decide on new color and cruise on the zx9r (that so far I've seen only one other with similar color) or the H2.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Lights + Loud = Life has always been my motto ...there's too many brain dead's out on the street. Half blind and deaf Q-Tips with Ray Charles goggles, Texting ADD mongol youths guzzling sugary energy drinks or stressed soccer moms on psychotropic meds and booze.

So after years of Kerker's Muzzy's and Yoshi's I really like the quietness of the new bike. IMO what the SC gives is the performance with less a need for the exhaust to perfectly scavenge the cylinders and more a path to route heat away. So I'm hoping for something loud when running it up but low growl when cruising and some weight loss. Something between stock and a classic full performance muffler sound would be good enough 4 me and I'm willing to get 240hp instead of 260hp for that.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I'll say concerning loud pipes HERE...I don't get stuck in traffic.I make my way through....out on the highway.I pick my pass spots carefully.I've found that using the high beam flash deal behind a cage works very well at getting their attention.They regularly pull a bit to the right and slow for me to pass.It works good.I don't really like wearing ear plugs...and I don't need to with my two bikes.They're fairly quiet.Out riding,I don't get a constant bombardment of loud exhaust noise going on.Plan on keeping my H2 stock exhaust-wise.She's a very comfortable DB .My 14R has a Brock's CT single...and it's not abusively loud....IDK...ripping by cages with a loud exhaust,I just don't really see the need for that.It scares em more than anything else,besides pissing em off at ALL bikers.

1 - 20 of 527 Posts