Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here got stage 2 and the rg62? Has Brock finished testing this new kit? The lack of feedback from Brock makes me worry their may be issues. Also, 650 ib is questioning if he has the fastest h2 but I don't think he has the rg62 kit so again, if he wanted the edge he would surely use it, yes?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, 650ib said in a comment on his youtube channel that Brock tested SC gears but did'nt want to install it cause it just got to hot and would need an intercooler to be safe. So 650 has no RG62 kit.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Brock,
Could you tell us what is going on, with the gears, and the auto blip downshift?
A lot of us are eager to put this, and other things that you said you were shaking the bugs out of!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Brock,
Could you tell us what is going on, with the gears, and the auto blip downshift?
A lot of us are eager to put this, and other things that you said you were shaking the bugs out of!
The autoblip is fully tested, available and ready to go - see our store for details.

I have tried to stay 100% consistent in my message on the RG62 kit - it is just that... an RG62 product. Brock's Performance had nothing to do with the design or development of this kit, and we know nothing about it. We ARE cautiously optimistic about the technology. We know our customers are excited, and we hope to have answers at some point. Unfortunately, we simply don't have anything to report at this time. As most know, we don't rush to conclusions regarding product testing here at Brock's and are very proud of the 100% reliability rate of our Brock's Performance Stage 2 Kit customers.

Anyone who JUST CAN'T WAIT might want to seek professional one-on-one custom tuning assistance concerning the RG62 kit/installation.

Brock

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, I shall wait and see what happens, my bike still only has around 170 miles on it yet anyhow:)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any news on this setup? Not heard anything regarding rg62. Seemed like a good idea but no one wants to post any info, are their reliability issues? Has anyone on here (independent) done this mod? Outcome?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I really think the bike woulda benefitted from an air to water intercooler.. Nothing big, like an oil cooler. It's as if Kawi thought the bike was so fast no one would run it wot for a few miles to begin heat sink effects.. They were wrong people are nuts lol

·
Registered
702 Posts
Any news on this setup? Not heard anything regarding rg62. Seemed like a good idea but no one wants to post any info, are their reliability issues? Has anyone on here (independent) done this mod? Outcome?
I plan on doing it but don't have a time frame yet. I will keep you posted when I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2015 H2 with the Brock stage 2 Kit and the Rickey Gadson performance plus package. Dropped it off at the dyno tuner 2 weeks ago I will post dyno results when I get the bike back

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have a 2015 H2 with the Brock stage 2 Kit and the Rickey Gadson performance plus package. Dropped it off at the dyno tuner 2 weeks ago I will post dyno results when I get the bike back
No disrespect to you intended.... but I don't understand how people will drop their bikes off at a dyno tuner for several days, or weeks even. I just find that concept ludicrous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It wasn't by choice the closest reputable tuner near where I live is 8 hours away. I had to drop the bike off and I will go back when my work schedule permits. I must admit very nerve-wracking leaving my bike

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anyone with gears from BearRacing or Jaleel here?

I find this gear thing very interesting....

Reactions: H2QIK

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you going to have a before and after the gears or just stock to what the end result is? Do you anticipate any heat issues? I'm interested in similar mods so am quite keen to see the outcome and get your point of view👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in a small town and there are no dyno options available locally. I installed everything myself and took the bike to a dyno tuning shop 8 hours away so unfortunately all I will have i are the end results. I primarily use the bike for quarter mile drag racing. Heat soak is not as big of an issue on the track but I definitely noticed it riding on the street. I will keep a close watch on boost temperature if it proves to be an issue i may look into a intercooler set up.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not really much feedback on these setups! Their must be a few members by now who can give some info of their experience with these parts?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Not really much feedback on these setups! Their must be a few members by now who can give some info of their experience with these parts?
I just installed my stage 2 SC kit today. I'm not running Brocks' though. I'm using Flashtune with the stock ignition timing and my rev limiter set at 13,500rpm. I'll get some test rides in the next few days and a dyno within a week or so.

I can tell you right off the bat that installation was a PITA!!!! Don't try to install this yourself if you're not used to working on bikes. ...and make sure you send it to a mechanic you trust because it's really easy to get frustrated and hack $hizz up! Fitment of the SC gears is good but not excellent. The SC tensioner requires you disassemble the entire intake system. Make sure you have a tensioner gasket, clutch gasket, and an airbox gasket on hand. You will need some new mounting bolts for the V-stacks. Don't use stock with the allen heads. You need a hex bolt.

I have to double-check but I think I saw at idle, and blipping the throttle the bike seems to trigger the boost reading much faster. 3 boost bars with the Stage 2 kit vs 1 boost bar when it was stock and blipping the throttle quickly to 6-8,000 rpm.

I'm going to put about 10% more fuel everywhere over 6,000rpm on my PCV Map before I head back to the dyno as a precautionary measure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The manual reports to disassemble the throttle bodies to remove the tensioner, but it's not necessary if you're skilled enough and have a bit of inventive. About the gaskets, it's a good norm to change them every time, but again if you do the job with patience you could reuse them. My stacks already came with hex bolts, and telling the truth, I did the job my self, and it's not that much complicated if you're familiar with working on bikes. The result for me is 267 RWHP with 12.2 afr and octane booster, 3 months of riding and no issues.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts