Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i tried the above tire thinking the taller size would give some more top speed, based on the gearing commander.

H2 with 200/55/17 - 209.2 mph - gearing commander

H2 with 200/65/17 - 222 mph - gearing commander must be wrong as the bike has the same top speed as stock :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
It could just be me but could you rephrase the question? I am not sure what you are asking or are saying, what the reason is that gearing commander must be wrong or in what way it is wrong.

And on the program:

Does the program account for likely tire slip and tire growth? Or is it simply an rpm limit / gearing / tire size calculator that gives theoretical top speed if reaching top speed with no tire slip and no tire growth?

I'd assume it doesn't account for power or aero at all so it would not be answering if the bike has enough power. Not sure how the program is wrong from the numbers you gave?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The aspect ratio on the slick appears to be wrong.

It clams 65 on the slick and 55 on the RS10, but the diameter is the same?

The Pirelli 200/60 is waaay taller than a 200/55, so i figured a 200/65 would be even taller - wrong!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thank you, now I understand, the actual tire diameter is not as the program calculates from the claimed aspect ratio and width.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts