Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to break in my engine? I have watched the brocks video on YouTube but I think trying to replicate that on the road may be a little risky in the uk on in familiar bike:()

·
Registered
787 Posts
Put the engine under some load to seat rings. 8k revs enough for me. watch for over fueling on start up. I found mine liked a little throttle blip after 15 seconds then holding the revs up a bit. gearbox won't become sweet till after 2000 miles , quickshifter rough below 6k revs. Make sure your on straight bit of road when you wind it up.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Your in for the time of your life. Fantastic purchase. plenty of gear changes cycling up (loading but not trashing ) and down box.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would say just use it sensibly for around two hundred miles , freely revving through the gears ( not racing ) but not putting the engine under any real load ( ie top gear , low revs up hill ) , it's fast enough for a speeding fine during running in .
Then start progressively opening it up and away you go .
I think I would avoid track days until late hundreds mileage .

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's not the same as the old style breaking in. A modern engine is built to very fine tolerances, microns rather than plus or minus three thou'.

The belief now is that your running in, as far as throttle and rpm is concerned, is completed after the first three heat-cycles, basically rings to bore. The other function of running in is to check that it's all been screwed together correctly. I guess doing it by the book will keep Kawasaki happy though, just in case of any problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts