Ninja H2 banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
No I had the RCS17 clutch master cylinder come in but the master wouldn't expect the micro switch on it so I had To send it back.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
was just putting my slicks on getting ready to take her to the track and when I bounced my wheel a bit the Brembo full-floating rotors gave that familiar sound I love so I stopped to record it for you guys that have never heard or felt the movement of full-floating. Have a listen:

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Yeah I know that rattly sound ... my race bike (which is not the H2) has Braketech cast iron floating rotors, which are fantastic. Very nice linear braking feel and very little drag when not applied.

You don't want cast iron rotors on a street bike that you want to keep looking nice, though. Either you have a clean bike and rusty rotors, or a dirty (but dry) bike and clean rotors. But boy do they work nice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No I had the RCS17 clutch master cylinder come in but the master wouldn't expect the micro switch on it so I had To send it back.
You could have just used a banjo bolt pressure switch in place of the micro switch, does the same job....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah I know that rattly sound ... my race bike (which is not the H2) has Braketech cast iron floating rotors, which are fantastic. Very nice linear braking feel and very little drag when not applied.

You don't want cast iron rotors on a street bike that you want to keep looking nice, though. Either you have a clean bike and rusty rotors, or a dirty (but dry) bike and clean rotors. But boy do they work nice.
You have yourself some EXCELLENT rotors. Braketech is just up the road from me in Lake Elsinore if I remember right. My builder tried to get me to go with them on my zx10 racebike but I'm too anal about my bike looking perfect and didn't want the rust look :rolleyes: so I went with the Brembos
I rode an R6 racebike at Chuck Walla that had Braketech rotors and they were great.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I was doing a full brake cleaning of the calipers/pads/pistons and decided to paint the bottom of the black forks (where the pinch bolts are) and the wheel speed sensor just to give everything a new look. Came out pretty good:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like you cracked the bottom of the fork there.. sup with that? :/ Otherwise, really nice looking rotors. I might consider adding that to my todo list.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Looks like you cracked the bottom of the fork there.. sup with that? :/ Otherwise, really nice looking rotors. I might consider adding that to my todo list.
LOL, don't mean to sound sarcastic here but obviously you haven't done many front wheel changes or you'd know about how the front fork pinch bolts work

@kryptek
Am I missing it. Where ?
NOLA
Nola is being kind here or he would have really slammed you ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
LOL, don't mean to sound sarcastic here but obviously you haven't done many front wheel changes or you'd know about how the front fork pinch bolts work

@kryptek
Am I missing it. Where ?
NOLA
Nola is being kind here or he would have really slammed you
Yeah, I obviously don't know **** but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. I bought my H2 to hit the track and have fun. I learn along the way. Thanks for being polite. :p

·
Registered
427 Posts
SBS (Scandinavian Brake Systems) Dual Sinter pads - Front

What is the part number for these pads and where did you buy them?

Thx

I normally use Brembo, but they are mucho $$$

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
SBS (Scandinavian Brake Systems) Dual Sinter pads - Front
What is the part number for these pads and where did you buy them?
you are in luck, I still have the packaging

my builder/mechanic keeps these pads in stock, it's all he uses. not sure who his supplier is, but if you want to get them from him: Next Level Cycles 619-208-9098 email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Nola is being kind here or he would have really slammed you ;)

You read my mind on this one. I was patiently waiting for the "look right there at the bottom of the bolt, see the split"....Damm.

NOLA

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@kryptek

Oh jeez, stop. We are just pulling your chain. Even if we all woulda laughed you woulda learned something.

Two ways to positively learn in life.
1. Pain
2. Humiliation
You wont forget either learning method.

NOLA

·
Registered
864 Posts
You could have just used a banjo bolt pressure switch in place of the micro switch, does the same job....
I've never seen one? Where can I get one? I'm still interested in added this upgrade to my brake system

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Racer is the RCS19 a bolt up with no other mods? I have one on my ZX10R track bike and love it.
well this was a while ago that we did this mod, but if I remember right it was pretty much a bolt-on mod, my builder had to order a special part so the lever would still trigger the brake light, and the trick with these mods is always to get the brake reservoir hose to line up without kinking, and in this case it was real easy. So it was pretty straight forward. When we did this mod on my zx10 it was a PITA to get the hose connected to the reservoir.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
ABS Delete

She just dropped 5lbs of crap yesterday, so now my brake upgrade is now complete!
If you're asking why? it's because last time at the track I was exceeding the bike's braking limits as the ABS was kicking in and pulsating under really hard braking.

here's some pics of the ABS motor and the brake lines running back to the rear brake system (circled in red):

here's where the ABS motor used to be, just 2 bolts there now:

we had to leave the circuit board attached so the KIBS light wouldn't be on

Just in time as I'm heading back to Willow Springs to ride Sat & Sun, this time with an intercooler & no ABS.
Putting the bodywork back on today, I'll take some pics of the new brake lines and post em up.

·
Registered
864 Posts
She just dropped 5lbs of crap yesterday, so now my brake upgrade is now complete!
If you're asking why? it's because last time at the track I was exceeding the bike's braking limits as the ABS was kicking in and pulsating under really hard braking.

here's some pics of the ABS motor and the brake lines running back to the rear brake system (circled in red):

here's where the ABS motor used to be, just 2 bolts there now:

we had to leave the circuit board attached so the KIBS light wouldn't be on

Just in time as I'm heading back to Willow Springs to ride Sat & Sun, this time with an intercooler & no ABS.
Putting the bodywork back on today, I'll take some pics of the new brake lines and post em up.
Looks good man let us know how it goes! Congrats!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts