Ninja H2 banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Racer how does the brake feel now? Firm? From the Ducati forum I'm on they are saying that the problem with the RCS19 on the 1299S is that the pistons in the M50 calipers call for the RCS17 or the lever will feel wooden and not have much modulation or feel? I was going to add the RCS to my 1299SA but really want good feedback. What’s your take on that now that you have the 19 with the M50’s?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Racer how does the brake feel now? Firm?
Perfect, it's just the feel I was looking for. I'm a 1-finger braker and from the moment I start to squeeze it has a firm & effective feel. And I couldn't have had a better opportunity to test it out for the first time than my trackday last weekend, as I mentioned I was doing 174mph up the front straight and late-braking into turn 1 and I couldn't have asked for a better feel.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Racer how does the brake feel now? Firm? From the Ducati forum I'm on they are saying that the problem with the RCS19 on the 1299S is that the pistons in the M50 calipers call for the RCS17 or the lever will feel wooden and not have much modulation or feel? I was going to add the RCS to my 1299SA but really want good feedback. What’s your take on that now that you have the 19 with the M50’s?
You CANNOT use the RCS19 on the Ducati M50 calipers. The modifications they made to piston size will blow the seals. I will find the write up one of the regulars on the board, who is a dealer, posted about it....

NOLA

·
Registered
864 Posts
Perfect, it's just the feel I was looking for. I'm a 1-finger braker and from the moment I start to squeeze it has a firm & effective feel. And I couldn't have had a better opportunity to test it out for the first time than my trackday last weekend, as I mentioned I was doing 174mph up the front straight and late-braking into turn 1 and I couldn't have asked for a better feel.
Very Cool! I'm thinking your going to cost me even more money now! lol Thanks man! :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
You CANNOT use the RCS19 on the Ducati M50 calipers. The modifications they made to piston size will blow the seals. I will find the write up one of the regulars on the board, who is a dealer, posted about it....

NOLA
Right that's what I've heard also.... BUT how is the piston size different on the M50 on the H2 vs. the 1299? I would think all Brembo M50's are the same size pistons?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Racer what did you do for the clutch lever to match? did you order something from brembo? and if so what is the part number? I'm going to add the RCS19 to my H2 but want to match the levers....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Racer what did you do for the clutch lever to match? did you order something from brembo? and if so what is the part number? I'm going to add the RCS19 to my H2 but want to match the levers....
Fist of all my clutch lever is made by ASV Inventions ASV Inventions :: Unbreakable Levers it's a serious quality lever with greater range of adjustment & range, and it's break-a-way. Revzilla carries them too. It's about a $250 lever, I got my free from the owner because he wanted to test fit his levers on an H2 and mine was the first one he'd ever seen. During the test fit he learned that his levers fit & replace the H2's stock clutch & brake levers perfectly and he noted that they are IDENTICAL to the Ducati's, for whatever that is worth. He has not yet made the lever to replace the RSC19 lever but will sometime this year and will be fitting that lever on my bike as well. Regarding fitting the RCS19, see my post #12

·
Registered
864 Posts
Well l ordered the RCS19 and my OCD kicked in so i also ordered the RCS17 Clutch master for two reasons. one the levers will match lol and two it will make the clutch pull easier and when I put in my Brocks HD springs I'll want all the help I can get. lol

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Right that's what I've heard also.... BUT how is the piston size different on the M50 on the H2 vs. the 1299? I would think all Brembo M50's are the same size pistons?
Seriously ? You know that answer....lol...

I am reading YOUR post about it on the Ducati board...The one that Jarel started.

You are just testing me :)

NOLA

·
Registered
864 Posts
Seriously ? You know that answer....lol...

I am reading YOUR post about it on the Ducati board...The one that Jarel started.

You are just testing me :)

NOLA
Haha Yup :D I'm excited to see if the RCS17 clutch master makes the pull lighten.... I haven't added the Brock's HD springs yet but I already have them. I have the parts coming in overnight so I can play for the weekend. So I'll add the masters first then the springs and see what the difference is.....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I haven't added the Brock's HD springs yet but I already have them. I have the parts coming in overnight so I can play for the weekend. So I'll add the masters first then the springs and see what the difference is.....
I have to ask what you are adding the springs for?
I also have the Brocks springs sitting in my toolbox and I plan to install them just before I go compete in the Texas Mile, and then when I get back I will reinstall the stock springs.

You really only need the heavy springs to prevent slippage when you are under long speed-run loads. For any other use you may as well stay with the lighter springs.

When Brock says your stock springs won't stand up to the load of the stage II mod he's not talking about damage to your clutch or engine, he's talking about loosing HP in a LSR.
I wouldn't want the heavier springs in if I'm just running the canyons or the track. Just FYI,

·
Registered
864 Posts
To be honest I don't think that's what he's talking about. Your not going to lose power in an LSR your clutch will be over worked by the HP and begin to slip. With the stronger springs you have more clamping force and less chance for slippage. I'm gonna ad the springs after I add the Brembo RCS17 clutch master cylinder because I want to see what it does to the lever pull. It should lessen the effort it takes to pull the lever.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ok so I was getting ready to install the master cylinders for the clutch and the brake and just before I started it came to me that the clutch master might not work. Turns out I was right.... the stock master has the electronic micro switch on it for what I guess is the safety switch and the launch controller switch and the new RCS17 master doesn't have that option. ****!

·
Registered
864 Posts
What Brembo master cylinder dose the H2 come out with info would of thought it would of been good??
It's fine I was trying to match the RCS front brake master I was going to install. I figured if I went a little larger it would lighten up the clutch pull.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ok then yep i got a Brembo RSC on my zx10r just thought the brakes would be good on the H2
Scott they are good but I also added a RCS19 and M4 Brembo calipers on my ZX10R track bike and it's amazing for sure. I just wanted to try and get a little firmer feel with less travel. But that's just my personal taste it might not be for everyone.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ok then cool yep the Brembo RSC19 is good felt 10 times better over the stock zx10r one do Brembo do clutch masters as well
Yes but you have to make sure the master cylinder accepts a micro switch because you have a micro switch on the stock master that will need to be installed on the new master cylinder for the launch controller.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts