Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My special order parts came in from Italy just in time to install before going out to the track last weekend, and WOW what an upgrade it was!

Brembo SuperSport full-floating rotors 330mm
Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder folding lever
and I'm running SBS (Scandinavian Brake Systems) Dual Sinter pads

It was truly an amazing feel to be able to dive so deep into the turns and not have the bike get out of shape. I'f you are not familiar with "full floating rotors".. you can reach down and wiggle them back-n-forth with your hand, they move to perfectly align with the pads & caliper piston position for maximum contact.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had something similar on a Hayabusa I owned. Brembo brakes with master cylinder and floating discs. It also had Marchesini magnesium wheels, Ohlins suspension and a Brembo clutch. It was light as a feather and more like riding a 600 than a Hayabusa.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Terry,

This is way cool info. Thanks man!

I'm on the fence if I want to touch the brakes or not. I had the back wheel in the air all the time last season when under hard braking. I'm not sure if I'm looking for any more power from the brakes and I was able to trail pretty good with the stock setup.

Unless the rotors are lighter than stock with the same stopping power (or better) I'm not sure if I can justify the cost. I'm quite happy with the H2's braking as is, so long as there's fresh brake fluid.

On the other hand, I love the bling factor.

I might get the Ohlins rear shock or have a measurement taken to make a custom Penske. We'll see.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It also had Marchesini magnesium wheels,
yeah Bob I tried to get those wheels for my H2, they were my first choice, but they don't make them for our bike so I went with my 2nd choice the BSTs. not a bad 2nd choice really.

Would this setup be much advantage on a road bike?
I'm going to say no, not unless you are hard braking down from a 190mph run like I'm doing every Sunday in the canyons, but if you're not you really wouldn't benefit from the upgrade, the H2 already has very good brakes. I would change the pads though.

Terry, This is way cool info. Thanks man! I'm on the fence if I want to touch the brakes or not. I had the back wheel in the air all the time last season when under hard braking. I'm not sure if I'm looking for any more power from the brakes and I was able to trail pretty good with the stock setup. Unless the rotors are lighter than stock with the same stopping power (or better) I'm not sure if I can justify the cost. I'm quite happy with the H2's braking as is, so long as there's fresh brake fluid. I might get the Ohlins rear shock.
You're welcome Nate, that's the positive side of this forum, sharing installed upgrades that work. Ok, yes I've had the rear up under hard braking as well with the stock setup, but let me ask you this; when you brake that hard does the bike get out of shape, handle bars turn a bit, rear getting out of alignment? This happened to me most of the time under really hard braking. With the full-floating rotors the rotors move & align to where the calipers & pistons want them to be, not the other way around, so your steering is not effected. It's a completely different feel. I don't know if they are any lighter, the part of the rotors is aluminum, I know that part. Oh and BTW when can we expect the Ti rotor bolts to come in? As for the shock I am definitely replacing mine with an Ohlins, but I'm not getting it through normal channels, those are made in Taiwan. I'm getting mine from Sweden, those are the ones made for the racing circuit.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You're welcome Nate, that's the positive side of this forum, sharing installed upgrades that work. Ok, yes I've had the rear up under hard braking as well with the stock setup, but let me ask you this; when you brake that hard does the bike get out of shape, handle bars turn a bit, rear getting out of alignment? This happened to me most of the time under really hard braking. With the full-floating rotors the rotors move & align to where the calipers & pistons want them to be, not the other way around, so your steering is not effected. It's a completely different feel. I don't know if they are any lighter, the part of the rotors is aluminum, I know that part. Oh and BTW when can we expect the Ti rotor bolts to come in? As for the shock I am definitely replacing mine with an Ohlins, but I'm not getting it through normal channels, those are made in Taiwan. I'm getting mine from Sweden, those are the ones made for the racing circuit.

Yes, it does get out of shape. I never considered that and I always thought that was normal. Guess not. I will definitely have to look into it then.

Ti Rotor bolt order is going in soon. I needed to confirm with the factory that they could make the rears in the correct size as they are 5mm shorter. I definitely have you down for a set for 15 (front and rear). Should be $100 total including the shipping to your door.

·
Registered
393 Posts
whats not good about the original brakes on the H2 to see to change them

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats not good about the original brakes on the H2 to see to change them
It depends on how you use the bike. If you just ride the street & canyons the brakes are fine, probably better than fine. If you brake hard down from 180+ run then you would see the difference in this brake upgrade (read my post #6 above where I talk about full-floating rotors). And this all started with this the thread I did on http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/19130-front-wheel-drag.html

·
Registered
864 Posts
My special order parts came in from Italy just in time to install before going out to the track last weekend, and WOW what an upgrade it was!

Brembo SuperSport full-floating rotors 330mm
Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder folding lever
and I'm running SBS (Scandinavian Brake Systems) Dual Sinter pads

It was truly an amazing feel to be able to dive so deep into the turns and not have the bike get out of shape. I'f you are not familiar with "full floating rotors".. you can reach down and wiggle them back-n-forth with your hand, they move to perfectly align with the pads & caliper piston position for maximum contact.

Racer is the RCS19 a bolt up with no other mods? I have one on my ZX10R track bike and love it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Where Did you purchas them?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Racer is the RCS19 a bolt up with no other mods? I have one on my ZX10R track bike and love it.
yeah pretty close to it. The nipple the comes out that the fluid hose attaches to was the only challenge ... one that comes out of the RCS19 is a 45deg angle and the stock one is not, making it difficult to get the right hose angle to the fluid reservoir, so my mechanic pull the stock one out and put it in the RCS19 and bingo, we're in business. Just a bolt-on at that point.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I was using the H2 on track I'd have no hesitation spending money on upgrades, for the road however, OE is fine for me
Yeah and I'll say it again because it's important for everyone to hear, the H2 has very good OEM brakes, and whether or not you do the upgrade depends on your end needs & use.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Between the BST wheels, reflash, Akrapovic titanium exhaust, carbon fiber wings & winglets, Brembos, etc. you have quite a bit of cash into your H2.

My personal preference is for a nasty sounding, loud exhaust but if I wanted it quiet, that's the same system I'd buy. The wings wouldn't work for the riding I do, in a pack need really good mirrors plus often fold them back & lane split in congested areas, Manhatten, etc. but they look sick on your bike.

What I love is all your components are top end kit & the changes are tastefully done. But that isn't by luck, that's having knowledge & experience of what can be changed (& with what parts) to personally enhance such a cutting edge machine, plus the patience & $ to do it right.

The vast majority of guys here know what there doing. I refrain from posting negative comments on the forum & in person with some folks modifications but it sometimes drives me crazy, makes my brain hurt when I see guys blinging out machines like an H2 w/ parts that just don't belong on this caliper of bike. From ridiculous looking slip ons that don't look right on the bike, green skull & flamed tank protectors, to replacing very high quality OEM parts with made in China junk....A guy I rode w/ pointing to the front of his bike was like "you should replace those rotors w/ these wave rotors" (looked like cheap eBay knocks off of a knock off). I had a guy look at my H2 & say I should chrome the swingarm & wheels.... I mean sometimes it's hard to even know how to respond.

Just great to see someone that does shchitt right.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Between the BST wheels, reflash, Akrapovic titanium exhaust, carbon fiber wings & winglets, Brembos, etc. you have quite a bit of cash into your H2.

My personal preference is for a nasty sounding, loud exhaust but if I wanted it quiet, that's the same system I'd buy. The wings wouldn't work for the riding I do, in a pack need really good mirrors plus often fold them back & lane split in congested areas, Manhatten, etc. but they look sick on your bike.

What I love is all your components are top end kit & the changes are tastefully done. But that isn't by luck, that's having knowledge & experience of what can be changed (& with what parts) to personally enhance such a cutting edge machine, plus the patience & $ to do it right.

The vast majority of guys here know what there doing. I refrain from posting negative comments on the forum & in person with some folks modifications but it sometimes drives me crazy, makes my brain hurt when I see guys blinging out machines like an H2 w/ parts that just don't belong on this caliper of bike. From ridiculous looking slip ons that don't look right on the bike, green skull & flamed tank protectors, to replacing very high quality OEM parts with made in China junk....A guy I rode w/ pointing to the front of his bike was like "you should replace those rotors w/ these wave rotors" (looked like cheap eBay knocks off of a knock off). I had a guy look at my H2 & say I should chrome the swingarm & wheels.... I mean sometimes it's hard to even know how to respond.

Wow that's quite a complement, thanks Gregg.
Yeah drives me nuts to see all the accessories people hang on their sport bikes, like decorating a christmas tree.
I only have the upper wings on when I go to the track. Like you I need those awesome mirrors when I'm mixing it up in the canyons, or to see if there are pretty little red lights twinkling back there :D

·
Registered
501 Posts

Great

Just ordered, naff slipon, green tank pad and some Chinese dics, I feel bit sick, 75 of my English pounds wasted:(

Rob

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ don't forget the chrome rims w/LED lights

1 - 20 of 67 Posts