Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread on the ZX10 fourm and and someone was saying that the brake lines on the new 10R are steel braded but when you look deeper not all the lines are.... And when you look around the ABS unit there are rubber lines. Well I'm pretty sure ys thoufhts we have the same set up.... I haven't taken my fairings off yet or double Check but I was looking at some of my old photos and I saw rubber lines.... I can tell you the front brake even know it's good it's still spongy. I've blead the brakes and the master cylinder but it's not better. I'm comparing it to my ZX10R with a Brembo RCS19 and Brembo M50 calipers with Galfer lines. When you pull that lever it's comes to a dead stop no matter how hard you pull it..... When I do that on my H2 it's hard to a point then you can feel it squish.... Almost like it has air in the lines but that's not it. I'm thinking it's the rubber lines on the ABS unit...... I've just started to think what it might be like if I were to take it off.... How much with word it save and would the line pressure feel better.... Even more so would an ABS light go off? I would think it would for sure..... What are your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If they are anything like the ZX-12 front brakes and they shouldn't be, they were totally useless, very spongy. But in the H2 reviews the stopping distance was quite respectable.

If it is the same design flaw as the 12, it is not the ABS 'cos the 12 doesn't have any. I think I had the fluid cylinder changed and it was better, but the H2 cylinder must be different to the 12's.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's worth saying that on the Elvington runway during LSR meetings I've stopped my H2 from over 200mph at least a dozen times now and braking performance has not been a problem. EVER.

By all means change the lines if "bling is your thing" but honestly they don't need it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's worth saying that on the Elvington runway during LSR meetings I've stopped my H2 from over 200mph at least a dozen times now and braking performance has not been a problem. EVER.

By all means change the lines if "bling is your thing" but honestly they don't need it.
Guys I'm not saying they are bad. They are pretty good for sure. What I don't like is that the lever is a little spongy vs. my 10R with the Brembo RCS 19 master cylinder. It's not even close to a bling thing..... When you pull the lever on the 10R with the set up I have it's like the pads hit a wall with very little travel and very firmly with no added squish to the lever. I've stopped my H2 from deep into the 180's without any issues also but I just love improving things. For most it's probably unreal but for me there's room from improvement. :D

Reactions: selenap

·
Registered
267 Posts
Compared to my 10R fronts (braided lines,good pads and better than stock fluid),the H2's do feel more spongy,if you like.
It's quite common with ABS compared to non ABS systems.
After my track day the H2's did feel more spongy,a bit of a bleed and they were better.I think I'll change out the fluid.

Changing the lines around the ABS unit will be a waste of time and will not benefit you in any way.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Compared to my 10R fronts (braided lines,good pads and better than stock fluid),the H2's do feel more spongy,if you like.
It's quite common with ABS compared to non ABS systems.
After my track day the H2's did feel more spongy,a bit of a bleed and they were better.I think I'll change out the fluid.

Changing the lines around the ABS unit will be a waste of time and will not benefit you in any way.
That's go to know thanks!;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts