Ninja H2 banner

Bought a 2022 H2 SX today and dash/infotainment turned off and on while I was riding; inconsistent throttle response

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  andrew630628 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I just bought a new 2022 H2 SX today, and I ran into two issues on my way home. I am hoping you all could share your guidance with me.

Issue 1: dashboard failure

I left the dealer with 1 mile on the odometer. On the ride home while cruising on the highway around 70MPH, the shift lights (?? I'm not sure if thats what they are, but they remind of the row of lights on the dash of an F1 car) the little row of squares above the TFT all lit up and the screen turned black, then after a second or less, the screen showed the start-up animation, and the dash returned). I had been riding for about 3 hours without problems and this was in warm, dry weather, so around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, in the early evening, no precipitation. I tried briefly googling/looking on reddit but I could not find any reports of anyone else with the H2 SX that showed this dash crash/failure issue. I plan on calling my dealer on Monday for help but I wanted to check with the community.

Issue 2: The throttle input/response was not consistent

For instance, when cruising at 70 MPH, my hand would not always be in the same position on the throttle to maintain the speed. Sometimes it felt like I could hold 70 MPH in 6th gear at 25% throttle, and other times it felt like I had to open it to 50%. I've ridden other motorcycles, such as the ZX6 and ZX10, and Ninja 1000, and I've never had such an issue with the throttle. Why the heck would different throttle positions result in the same overall speed (yes this was on flat ground, haha)

Thank you in advance for any input, experience, and/or wisdom you have to share!\

Edit 1: Other notes about the bike: I had it in rider mode, power at L, KTRC at 2 and everything else default.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
It sounds like an electrical issue, or a loose/bad connection somewhere. A buddy of mine had weird issues with his TFT screen on his yamaha. There was a harness from the ecu that had a bad pin.

It being brand new, I would just have your dealer fix it. You shouldn't have to pay a dime.

If you are a tinkerer and want to tear into it youself, you can follow the connections from the ECU and just double check everything is snug and connected properly.

Could possibly be connected to issue 2, but hard to say. I am sure some of the more knowledgeable peeps on here could chime in.
Thank you! The dealer I bought this from is about 4 hours away, so I will try giving it a tinker tomorrow to see if anything is loose. Worst case scenario, I can try to ask one of the more local Kawi dealers (they do not/have not sold H2's) to check it for me.