Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched 650ibs video where you see "boosted h2's" bike pull away from a 315hp turbo busa馃樀. Is he a member here? What's done to that bike? It really can move, great vid馃憤

Registered
Love that H2 and don't wish to detract from anyone's achievements but to be fair the Turbo Busa with 315BHP is just a baby. Probably running with stock pistons, comp ratio and limited boost.

Quickest for the first half mile or so would be the bike which can get the power down, and neither of those two would be able to run WOT in the lower gears. Even my humble 220 bhp H2 beats most other bikes over the half mile.

It's not hard to set up a scenario to prove whatever you want.

The riders of Turbo Hayabusa's in Straightliners, the club where I race, are running at around 600 bhp and over 250mph in a standing mile. It would be no contest.

Registered
Love that H2 but to be fair the Turbo Busa with 315BHP is just a baby. Probably running with stock pistons, comp ratio and limited boost.

Quickest for the first half mile or so would be the bike which can get the power down, neither would be able to run WOT. Even my humble 220 bhp H2 beats most other bikes over the half mile.

The riders of Turbo Hayabusa's in Straightliners, the club where I race, are running at around 600 bhp and over 250mph in a standing mile. It would be no contest.
True but you can also look at it another way... IF the Busa IS running stock internals, it's still ONLY a bolt on bike vs one w/ 340 more factory CC's plus an after market turbo and once you start doing engine work on the Busa vs. one without (H2) think it's EVEN LESS of a like for like comparison.

@Vmax-h2 - Haven't seen the video but that's probably "Boosted10R" from here, he's got the fastest 1/4 mile H2, some great vids on the forum too. Extended swingarm bike?

Registered
Yes, BoostedH2 is a member here. He beat the first Busa but lost to the 400hp Busa. He got the jump on Both Busas. A Supercharged bike will typically do that since there is no lag like there is with a turbocharger. Once that 2nd Busa got into it's Boost it was over.

Registered
I've seen previous races w/ 650 vs. Turbo Warren (extended swingarm) & they're not close, the swingarm was the advantage that TransAmGuy guy had too. W/ my Stage II H2 even highway speed rolling starts I can't just snap open the throttle. I've had races where the other rider gets the jump but I reel them in. Think if there was ever a bike that gets the most out of an extended swingarm it's a Stage II H2, it's just such a hard initial hit with the supercharger/Stage II vs. a turbo. Plus he can obviously ride. Interesting to see what the H2 is capable of w/ an extended swingarm even w/ the H2 rider weighing 40lbs more.

Registered
Love that H2 and don't wish to detract from anyone's achievements but to be fair the Turbo Busa with 315BHP is just a baby. Probably running with stock pistons, comp ratio and limited boost.

Quickest for the first half mile or so would be the bike which can get the power down, and neither of those two would be able to run WOT in the lower gears. Even my humble 220 bhp H2 beats most other bikes over the half mile.

Well said mate!
Jeffro ;)

Registered
Man I wish we had open highways with NO cars on it around here so I could stretch her legs.
fastest I get to is 193 on our canyon straight.
would love to hit those highways.

Registered
Yes, BoostedH2 is a member here. He beat the first Busa but lost to the 400hp Busa. He got the jump on Both Busas. A Supercharged bike will typically do that since there is no lag like there is with a turbocharger. Once that 2nd Busa got into it's Boost it was over.
Yeh mate spot on with that. Busas are the best! Nothing quite like the Hayabusa in that respect I owned two very powerful ones lot respect for them. Unless you owned and had them you don't really know what a legend they are. However moved on now a loving the new beast! Turbo329 keep up the good work!
Jeffro ;)

Registered

Baby hp on the Hayabusa would have been in the 250-270whp range with just a basic kit. He was running it on the higher end of power on stock internals, but I think he did a head gasket change to lower compression a little. Don't know for sure though.

No there is no comparison with a 600hp Hayabusa lol. That 400-600whp Busa in the video spent a lot of money to get there. The turbo kit alone is 13k USD. Add in the engine build, intercooler, bolt-ons etc and the modifications alone are 25K+USD not including the bike.

True but you can also look at it another way... IF the Busa IS running stock internals, it's still ONLY a bolt on bike vs one w/ 340 more factory CC's plus an after market turbo and once you start doing engine work on the Busa vs. one without (H2) think it's EVEN LESS of a like for like comparison.

@Vmax-h2 - Haven't seen the video but that's probably "Boosted10R" from here, he's got the fastest 1/4 mile H2, some great vids on the forum too. Extended swingarm bike?
Yeup that was my bike ;)

Reactions: Jeffro

Registered
I've seen previous races w/ 650 vs. Turbo Warren (extended swingarm) & they're not close, the swingarm was the advantage that TransAmGuy guy had too. W/ my Stage II H2 even highway speed rolling starts I can't just snap open the throttle. I've had races where the other rider gets the jump but I reel them in. Think if there was ever a bike that gets the most out of an extended swingarm it's a Stage II H2, it's just such a hard initial hit with the supercharger/Stage II vs. a turbo. Plus he can obviously ride. Interesting to see what the H2 is capable of w/ an extended swingarm even w/ the H2 rider weighing 40lbs more.

TransamGuy was at stock wheelbase when he beat up on on 650ib. No way Ib races him now after he's done motor work and put the arm on it. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Adam go at it though.

Registered

TransamGuy was at stock wheelbase when he beat up on on 650ib. No way Ib races him now after he's done motor work and put the arm on it. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Adam go at it though.

You mean "additional" motor work, lol. Many months ago (even before this thread was created) there was another thread where we were discussing the races between 650ib & transamguy,, the vids posted there show transamguy racing 650 w/ an Extended swingarm, that's what/when I was referring to above in October. In fact transamguy was racing w/ 4" over as far back as December 2015.

Registered
You mean "additional" motor work, lol. Many months ago (even before this thread was created) there was another thread where we were discussing the races between 650ib & transamguy,, the vids posted there show transamguy racing 650 w/ an Extended swingarm, that's what/when I was referring to above in October. In fact transamguy was racing w/ 4" over as far back as December 2015.
You're going to have to post those videos cause there is no video on either Ib or TAG's channel with them racing with the BMW stretched. Plus I'm pretty sure they only raced once cause the second race never happened due to Ib declining until he set his bike up the way he wanted. TAG did race an H2 after he stretched it but it wasn't Ib it was a guy from Georgia.

Registered
You're going to have to post those videos cause there is no video on either Ib or TAG's channel with them racing with the BMW stretched. Plus I'm pretty sure they only raced once cause the second race never happened due to Ib declining until he set his bike up the way he wanted. TAG did race an H2 after he stretched it but it wasn't Ib it was a guy from Georgia.

Nah, that's ok, I believe you. Back when I didn't say the swingarm was against 650ib so I'm sure you're right, I was probably referring to the race in December 2015 w/ tag vs a 243rwhp 2015 H2 where tag was running an extended swingarm. But you're replying to posts from many months ago, about races over a year ago & I sometimes can't remember what I had for breakfast. LoL!

Registered
Nah, that's ok, I believe you. Back when I didn't say the swingarm was against 650ib so I'm sure you're right, I was probably referring to the race in December 2015 w/ tag vs a 243rwhp 2015 H2 where tag was running an extended swingarm. But you're replying to posts from many months ago, about races over a year ago & I sometimes can't remember what I had for breakfast. LoL!
LoL man I saw the topic come up and started reading not paying attention to dates. My bad. I usually always try to go back and read all the comments and yours stood out. No biggie but we all know that there's no way a S1000RR could beat a H2 on a level playing field without some form of forced induction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts