Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to learn about the boost indicator on the tach.
Can someone tell me a little bit about it or point me to a good thread please.
I did a search on boost and got the phone book..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ thank you for trying to reply but that doesn't seem to be a valid link

·
Registered
288 Posts
From what I can gather the more little signs the harder its working and the faster your going,mind you when im on the gas the last thing im looking at is the dash.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i've glanced once or twice when making prgress and seen the gauge full showing it's working hard. but as malh2 said not that often I look at the dash to see what's going on ;)

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I take it that the boost info on the tach is not really useful information that I should be concerned about...
wonder why it's there at all.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My guess would be the original idea was to display the actual boost numbers. Then Later realized the danger of someone trying to watch it and changed it into a basic segment type indicator in firmware after the LCD panel was production. Someone with Woolich pkg should be able to roughly correlate the bar/s with boost numbers if you really want to know.

Reactions: Jeffro

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
In my forty odd top speed runs at LSR meetings on board my H2 I've never once glanced at the boost indicator.

Why would I want to? All you need is a shift light, count the gears and look where you're going.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dug up one of my old threads where I was asking what the boost temp was for. Totally funny if you go back and read this thread because 7 months ago this boost reading was meaningless to us, now it's the most important reading on the bike to anyone that has upgraded their boost intake. LOL, just wanted to point out the irony.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Funny you should mention it, I thought the same the other day. My bike is unmodified as you all know but was curious about it anyway. I thought of it as an indication ( a useless one really) about how much I am accelerating and how much boost is actually happening. In riding though I don't think I have ever looked at it though, so it's as been said just a novelty thing I suppose, cool maybe ?! Still, it would be good to know what each icon corresponds to...
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have noticed that on the 2017 dash, you have the little icons and a percentage number over further to the right. Still don't know what the percentage value indicates or what it relates to, but may be able to correlate the icons to a percentage value when the bike arrives.

Phil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts