Ninja H2 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's a bit cheesy but I like them. Any pics or videos of boost gauges? I just ordered a defi, should be completely black when off and light up same red as original clocks. WHY?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, I know it's a bit cheesy but I like them. Any pics or videos of boost gauges? I just ordered a defi, should be completely black when off and light up same red as original clocks. WHY?
i was considering Defi too, but the 60mm size in my opinion may be too big. so i went with a cheaper 52mm gauge. Its still being shipped to my location.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, never thought of that! Are all the defi 60mm? I'm sure we will get it on their ok but if not I got a car with 2 big turbos:) it can go on there instead

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, mounting details/pictures would be great. What size gauges are they? Any clearance issues? Tia

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, mounting details/pictures would be great. What size gauges are they? Any clearance issues? Tia
These area 52mm gauges with standard cup mounts. The gauges must be mounted about 5-8mm forward to avoid contacting the windscreen cowl. I used a 90 degree bracket and a straight bit of metal to mount them to the reservoirs on either side. I wish there was a cleaner way to do it, but I haven't found one. I will get close up pictures tonight.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, thanks for the pics. I just got a call saying my defi gauge I ordered isn't here and may be another 1-2 months:( wtf? So refund it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, thanks for the pics. I just got a call saying my defi gauge I ordered isn't here and may be another 1-2 months:( wtf? So refund it is.
If your buying the original defi, i think you need to buy the defi controller as well. the gauge just by itself wont function. My Mitsubishi Evo is running the defi black face gauges.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, re-ordered from elsewhere now. It comes with a little inline controller. They said it reads the boost then sends a digital signal to the gauge? Strange but true:)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nightmare, can't get the defi gauge for weeks! Everywhere says "in stock" but they are lying:( called demon tweets and they have sold me a stack gauge with some nice features and should be at my door in the morning:) that's more like the service I expect. Still unsure how to mount yet but will have a look and post pics

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to update, that boost gauge was at my door the very next morning as promised so props to demon tweeks for a good job. Nice bit of kit by the looks, dropped it off today with other goodies to fit on the bike

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts