Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to accept that I know very little about forced induction. Or should I say I know enough to know how little I know,,,:nerd:

When I refer to an H2R it is the bike I am talking about. H2R ((A) Anybody) is on my ignore list so please respect my wish not to troll or hijack this thread. H2R A can be removed from my ignore list if an ability to respect peoples wishes is displayed. PLEASE can everyone who uses this thread not rise to and repost the threads of H2R A ? The information can remain clean and dissect-able. Thorough debate and ideas / opinions are encouraged though any given Facts should be just that.

I understand the direct relation between revs and boost that a supercharger offers, making for linear boost. The given output figure for the H2 and H2R's sc is 2.4 bar, This converts to 35 psi. zx12r's running this much boost with turbo's are giving 500 plus bhp. What am I missing here please ?

Am I right to assume ( I hate that word because it makes an ass (out of ) u ( and ) me ,,,,,,,,,,,,, that this is the first chance for tuners and get their hands on a turbine sc ?

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
A crank driven supercharger draws significant power from the crankshaft to make that boost. A turbocharger uses energy in the exhaust stream that would otherwise be thrown away. So the turbo is more efficient, but also complex, harder to package, and with some inherent lag. It remains to be seen how much boost is really there. 2.4 bar absolute would make more sense.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Think i have used this link before , its probably a fairly close comparison to what to expect from the H2 in power curves , and see the relation ship between psi and hp of a similar sized motor
Rotrex Superchargers | Car Superchargers and Motorbike Supercharger Ki

Knowing how difficult it is to get a NA bike tuner to tune a turbo busa or 1000 for safe hp and not just lean it out for a very short lived peak hp , i have concerns about just how many of the H2's will be damaged by ignorance

·
Registered
554 Posts
Think i have used this link before , its probably a fairly close comparison to what to expect from the H2 in power curves , and see the relation ship between psi and hp of a similar sized motor
Rotrex Superchargers | Car Superchargers and Motorbike Supercharger Ki

Knowing how difficult it is to get a NA bike tuner to tune a turbo busa or 1000 for safe hp and not just lean it out for a very short lived peak hp , i have concerns about just how many of the H2's will be damaged by ignorance
I believe this was the point @Fretka was trying to get across when it came to ECU flashing, its a motley mixture of complexities. Like you say there's a difference between sustainable power and MAX power...

Then again its difficult to compare a Turbo Busa build and a Factory Supercharger, The Busa went from the factory ecosystem to the aftermarket, whereas the H2 has always been within the factory ecosystem.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I agree factory setup will be somewhat different to reengineering something or retro fitting, but until we have the real thing , its the closest comparison i think we have available

the old gpz750 turbo would be nearest factory bike, but the generational changes are so great since then , its like comparing apples to pears

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree factory setup will be somewhat different to reengineering something or retro fitting, but until we have the real thing , its the closest comparison i think we have available

the old gpz750 turbo would be nearest factory bike, but the generational changes are so great since then , its like comparing apples to pears
Indeed, they were true monsters, from what I've read the lag alone was responsible for more then a few punted into the scenery...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That R1 ride on the TTS site looks thrilling. Certainly answers the question about turbine sc's. This site certainly proves what a neat installation Kawasaki has done. I've never liked turbo's and their power delivery. This video is a great taster of the experience H2owners are about to have. I wonder if we will ever see a rotax sc piggy back on a H2?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts