Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally turned the quick shifter on my 2016 after a year of ownership and 3,100 miles. Suddenly after using the quick shift the bike has now become noticeably louder my wife noticed it when I got home today also. I have the stock exhaust has anyone else noticed a sudden change in exhaust note? It was so distinct that I checked for exhaust leaks and none found.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I can't see how the two are related. (quick shifter and exhaust note)

If there are no leaks could it be the exhaust valve, just before the muffler, is staying open?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bike has been reflashed by Brocks so I think the valve has been deactivated if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
One has nothing to do with the other. Its a far stretch of reasoning, but at the most maybe the spring in the stock muffler that lets more exhaust out under hard acceleration stuck open for some reason ?

But lets rewind. You owned the bike for a year and never turned on the quickshifter ? And Brock sent you a flash for your bike with the stock exhaust ?

NOLA

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both correct. Never turned on the quick shifter and boy was I missing out on that. There were two choices in the web site for Brock's 1 full exhaust system and 2 slip on so I chose slip on as I thought it would be closest to what I had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts