Ninja H2 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I hooked up today with a '15 H5, I was checking it out and noticed that his stock rims were gold instead of silver. Pointed this out to him and he said no he hadn't painted them, THE PIPE TURNED THEM THAT COLOR! Holy Crap! Note the wheel nuts are gold too.. @Turbo329 beware, hope your new system doesn't do this too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The times of "The Wishing-Table, the Gold-Ass, and the Cudgel in the Sack" is over!

Give me that exhaust!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The gold looks to perfectly evenly distributed for me to believe it was done by the exhaust.. if so, then that is pretty bizarre. Hope he doesn't mind! If you see him again.. tell him to wash his bike!! :p

·
Registered
376 Posts
so I hooked up today with a '15 H5, I was checking it out and noticed that his stock rims were gold instead of silver. Pointed this out to him and he said no he hadn't painted them, THE PIPE TURNED THEM THAT COLOR! Holy Crap! Note the wheel nuts are gold too.. @Turbo329 beware, hope your new system doesn't do this too.

Ha I was going to say the same thing, wash the bike it's disgusting, you may find its dirt and dust and clean wheels underneath that muck

·
Registered
331 Posts
What exhaust is that? Look at the carbon in there, looks a bit much. ...could write "wash me" in it

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, a short exhaust can do that to the wheel. It's happened to me too. To clean it up I use brake cleaner on a rag, and gently rub all the spokes until they shine again. Same for the bolts and also for the valve stem.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Can that grime be from one ride?

Looks like an H2 in need of some TLC to me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's exhaust fume/carbon that build up over time. It happens with a short style exhaust, and you have to clean it regularly, way before you reach the conditions showed in the pic.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Bike is not very well taken care of.

Happened to me from the short full exhaust, took about 4000 miles after the exhaust install to show & was only slightly yellow, could only tell in certain lighting, not anywhere near as bad as that pic & only to the silver accent areas of the wheel not the bolts. It's definitely from the exhaust because while looking closely noticed a slight yellowing to the right, rear turn signal lens above the exhaust too. Came off totally & very easily in seconds from the wheel w/ simichrome & from the directional lens w/ plastic polish....

In the case of that pic - Imagine never cleaning the bike isn't going to help.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok you ready for the reveal.. this is the ActiveMoto bike, the same one in this picture that I took at the Long Beach motorcycle show. It's carbon fiber everything, and he wrapped the tank. For me I can't see replacing or hiding the beautiful H2 paint, but each to their own. He told me that his pipe is a custom-made job to replicate the H2R's pipe, and he said it's way too loud. I met up with him yesterday when I took those pics of his wheels. Oh and I gave him sh*t for having sooo much carbon fiber and not having cf wheels. I just realized that this is the first H2 I've ever seen on the street (other than mine).

·
Registered
10 Posts
How many miles does he have on his bike? Does look like it can use a nice wash. How's the carbon work ? From the other pictures of your bike with the wings it looks like it's pretty good stuff. What are your thoughts ? I may have to contact them soon or Andy/Tt3.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Terry,
Is this who you "hooked up w/" that day? :)
Yeah that's him. Funny I don't remember his ass looking so good though :confused:

when those pics posted to Instagram I posed that Sean (the owner of the bike) never looked so good, and someone from ActiveMoto replied that Sean had been working out a lot lately

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yeah that's him. Funny I don't remember his ass looking so good though :confused:

when those pics posted to Instagram I posed that Sean (the owner of the bike) never looked so good, and someone from ActiveMoto replied that Sean had been working out a lot lately
Lmao!

Sean emailed me today, he's working on a special unobtanium project for me sounds like he's close to Pandora.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts