Ninja H2 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone wanting a better seat for their bike? I bought an H2 but I must have gotten a 10 minute track seat on my bike, it is torture. Who modifies sport seats? Hello Sergeant? I want plush, I want soft, I don't want to be forced into the gas tank. Honest, the H2 seat makes Ducati seats look like barcaloungers in comparison. Oh yeah, the handlebars are a bit rough also, gotta figure that angle out too.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm sure someone will come up with something now.You could even do it yourself with the right materials and all.It isn't that hard to make it work well.Even if ya have to buy a 14 seat off ebay,and scavenge the foam.That'd work.Little shaping,voila!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is anyone wanting a better seat for their bike? I bought an H2 but I must have gotten a 10 minute track seat on my bike, it is torture. Who modifies sport seats? Hello Sergeant? I want plush, I want soft, I don't want to be forced into the gas tank. Honest, the H2 seat makes Ducati seats look like barcaloungers in comparison. Oh yeah, the handlebars are a bit rough also, gotta figure that angle out too.
You need to sit on a 1199 Panigale that seat its like plywood lol..

·
Registered
473 Posts
Edilnr,

I noticed in you list of bikes you don't have any "true" sport bikes. The H2 as far as a Sportbike/Hyperbike is concerned is quite comfortable. I owned a 2011 ZX-10R and the seat is not nearly as padded or as large as the H2.
If being forced into the tank is an issue it is likely because your arms are shorter than some. I could easily stay off the tank when I rode mine for the first time. Since Kawi described the ergos slightly more relaxed than the 10R, with the health issues I have, I had to really think hard about ordering this bike and was concerned about being able to ride it for very long. yesterday I only put 30 miles on her but she felt good and I could have kept going and would have it had not been in the mid 40's and my hands were not blocks of ice. I really considered having a local fabricator make bar risers and I may still consider it if I can't ride it for more than a couple of hours at a time. I believe you can get the seat modified to be more comfortable but you may consider bar risers as well to bring the handle bars up and closer to you. The only problem is that they will have to be fabricated by someone with the ability to do so.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edilnr,

I noticed in you list of bikes you don't have any "true" sport bikes. The H2 as far as a Sportbike/Hyperbike is concerned is quite comfortable. I owned a 2011 ZX-10R and the seat is not nearly as padded or as large as the H2.
If being forced into the tank is an issue it is likely because your arms are shorter than some. I could easily stay off the tank when I rode mine for the first time. Since Kawi described the ergos slightly more relaxed than the 10R, with the health issues I have, I had to really think hard about ordering this bike and was concerned about being able to ride it for very long. yesterday I only put 30 miles on her but she felt good and I could have kept going and would have it had not been in the mid 40's and my hands were not blocks of ice. I really considered having a local fabricator make bar risers and I may still consider it if I can't ride it for more than a couple of hours at a time. I believe you can get the seat modified to be more comfortable but you may consider bar risers as well to bring the handle bars up and closer to you. The only problem is that they will have to be fabricated by someone with the ability to do so.

OKH2, what do you mean I don't have any sport bikes, I own the original, the 750 Honda, a 1980 Katana 1000, the Suzuki RG500, a Honda F3, the Ducati 749R and now the BEAST! Plus I have owned a slew of other GSXRs and Ducatis in the past. I am putting a picture of my 749R to prove it is a torture device too, plus it has a massive seat heater, great for warming you up on those chilly July morning rides! Short arms aren't a problem either, I wear 37" sleeves. No, I think the biggest issue is I turn 60 in a few months and I gripe about comfort, oh and I had back surgery a while back, and my neck doesn't bend as well... Anyway, I still plan to keep riding these things and plan to be on the Bonneville Salt Flats racing on my 60th, in August.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
OKH2, what do you mean I don't have any sport bikes, I own the original, the 750 Honda, a 1980 Katana 1000, the Suzuki RG500, a Honda F3, the Ducati 749R and now the BEAST! Plus I have owned a slew of other GSXRs and Ducatis in the past. I am putting a picture of my 749R to prove it is a torture device too, plus it has a massive seat heater, great for warming you up on those chilly July morning rides! Short arms aren't a problem either, I wear 37" sleeves. No, I think the biggest issue is I turn 60 in a few months and I gripe about comfort, oh and I had back surgery a while back, and my neck doesn't bend as well... Anyway, I still plan to keep riding these things and plan to be on the Bonneville Salt Flats racing on my 60th, in August.:)

I stand corrected sir, I over looked the 749R (of which I'm very familiar) it is about as sporty as you can get. Very nice condition I might add.
I do admire your collection, I presently own a 1984 Honda VF750F Interceptor with 12K miles on it that I'm presently working on getting running. It sat for years and the fuel turned to lacquer and hardened throughout the whole fuel system. I also have an almost pristine 1985 Honda Nighthawk S as well with just over 8K on the odo and the final one is a very pristine 1984 Honda V65 Magna with just over 10K on the clock. So as you can see I share your love for the vintage ones. I would like to own more but space and the ability to take care of all of them is not possible. A matter of fact the Nighthawk S and the V65 Magna are for sale if you know anyone interested.
Looks like I need to make a trip to your place, just whish there was some good riding between here an there. Ha!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I put 120 miles on yesterday. I found if I slide up to the tank it gets uncomfortable. But if I slide back into the back pads and press my knees into the tank it holds me there and it is much more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I thought the seat would possibly be a problem also_Out riding yesterday and today(another 120 miler),the seat was very good IMO.It(to me)didn't feel like I was being pushed into the tank.I end up there cause when I get spirited I tend to grip the tank and lay into it.It was perfect for this.If I wanted to kinda sit more upright and all,I just moved back about an inch or so,to the flat part.It is very comfortable.Also,the design of the tank and front of the seat really allow me to kinda rest my torso on the tank there,and relax my arms really nicely,while gripping the tank.I wasn't getting ANY windblast at all...even sitting upright.Just a smooth light flow going on.It's amazing to me really.

Anyone notice the way this bike corners and handles leaned over?:p

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well,seems like nobody's gonna say anything about this.So I will.

I'll try to keep it short.

I approach a curve,4th or 5th.It's a nice sweeper but not too wide open.I lean in at the entrance.I feel the bike leaning in with me,not fighting.She's not trying to fall in.She's just staying as much as I want to lean.I'm applying a light countersteer.I get my line set.I'm somewhat tucked.As I approach the apex I realize that it's staying perfect on the line.So I want to add gas...and do.It doesn't skip a beat.The term"riding on rails" has never been more true.I'm looking ahead some,but not real far.Only where I want to enter the next curve.I stand her up effortlessly,and start my lean into the next one.She's soaking up every bump and surface imperfection brilliantly.The chassis is solid,but not harsh.There is no wiggling,no feel of slipping.I can focus on adding more gas and looking through to the next one.Definitely feel no apprehension with this bike.

All this time I'm adding throttle.100,120,130...she's totally planted and neutral in whatever position of lean or transitioning.I'm just not struggling to 'make it happen right'...the bike is that intuitive.The suspension is working perfectly.The ride feel is smooth and urging me on to add more gas.She feels like she's stuck to the road.It's that intense.This is a fantastic handling bike.No pitching.No sense of the rear breaking loose.Just controlled riding.I've never felt a bike handle like this one does.I have complete confidence in it.When this break-in is done...she's gonna be able to rock well above what I've been doing.Incredible.I've already scrubbed the farthest edges off the rear.I wasn't trying to.I start to power out...and she stays right where she aimed.No swinging out wide...or even a feeling that she's drifting on the exit.I've never ridden a bike that felt like this one does.My 14 could never do this as described here.No way.It 'might' be able to corner this fast,maybe.But this bike is doing this with so much ease..I'd be fighting my 14 trying this.And be wondering when the rear(or front)is gonna let go.I don't feel this at all with my h2...just the opposite.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well,seems like nobody's gonna say anything about this.So I will.

I'll try to keep it short.

I approach a curve,4th or 5th.It's a nice sweeper but not too wide open.I lean in at the entrance.I feel the bike leaning in with me,not fighting.She's not trying to fall in.She's just staying as much as I want to lean.I'm applying a light countersteer.I get my line set.I'm somewhat tucked.As I approach the apex I realize that it's staying perfect on the line.So I want to add gas...and do.It doesn't skip a beat.The term"riding on rails" has never been more true.I'm looking ahead some,but not real far.Only where I want to enter the next curve.I stand her up effortlessly,and start my lean into the next one.She's soaking up every bump and surface imperfection brilliantly.The chassis is solid,but not harsh.There is no wiggling,no feel of slipping.I can focus on adding more gas and looking through to the next one.Definitely feel no apprehension with this bike.

All this time I'm adding throttle.100,120,130...she's totally planted and neutral in whatever position of lean or transitioning.I'm just not struggling to 'make it happen right'...the bike is that intuitive.The suspension is working perfectly.The ride feel is smooth and urging me on to add more gas.She feels like she's stuck to the road.It's that intense.This is a fantastic handling bike.No pitching.No sense of the rear breaking loose.Just controlled riding.I've never felt a bike handle like this one does.I have complete confidence in it.When this break-in is done...she's gonna be able to rock well above what I've been doing.Incredible.I've already scrubbed the farthest edges off the rear.I wasn't trying to.I start to power out...and she stays right where she aimed.No swinging out wide...or even a feeling that she's drifting on the exit.I've never ridden a bike that felt like this one does.My 14 could never do this as described here.No way.It 'might' be able to corner this fast,maybe.But this bike is doing this with so much ease..I'd be fighting my 14 trying this.And be wondering when the rear(or front)is gonna let go.I don't feel this at all with my h2...just the opposite.
How much of this do you think is the rubber vs a well sorted chassis? I'm not saying its one or the other, but I'd be interested to hear thoughts.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I can echo Silverbird's impressions. The level of accuracy and composure through the corners, despite the weight of the bike, was only matched in my experience by my Ducati 1098S. This is the first Kawi I've ever owned that wasn't oversprung and underdamped.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can echo Silverbird's impressions. The level of accuracy and composure through the corners, despite the weight of the bike, was only matched in my experience by my Ducati 1098S. This is the first Kawi I've ever owned that wasn't oversprung and underdamped.
Well said, that truly is typical of how Kawi designs/sets up their suspensions on their sport bikes. I've gotta say though, the suspension box stock on the 2011 10R I has was not bad and as a intermediate track day rider, I was able to get it setup well enough to enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Seat material is closed cell foam..I think.It's standard factory foam.Has a light 'skin' on it.Same foam as on all the later models Kawasaki sportbikes(including zx14's).I shaved mine down to get it flatter from front to rear...I mean...I used a zx14 seat foam...then shaped it how I wanted it.I also added a 1/2" or so thick gel piece at the nose of it...to bring that up just a bit,and cushion my boys a bit more.This worked most excellently.Retained the factory seat cover.This made the seat an all day rider...it really did work for me.I'm 165 lbs suited.

I think it basically raised the front portion and about 1/3rd the way back approx 1/2"(that's one-half an inch).And I shaved off behind that about 3/16ths...maybe a shade more...to get the whole seat flatter.My only problem with the factory seat was the angle really.I may...maybe...purchase another seat pad(foam)from Kawasaki,then integrate it onto what I have right now...with a bit of shaping.Maybe remove the front gel piece I have on there now...the factory foam is pretty hard to beat.There's just not enough of it on the H2 factory configuration.

But as is right now...I NEVER get any soreness or pain at all..and the sliding into the tank is totally gone.Perhaps I outta leave well enough alone?It's just not quite visually like I would want it....but it feels really comfy;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts