Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Gentlemen what is the best possible fuel for this bike ?
Fuel that burns! :D

Just kidding, actually the best fuel is whatever kawi recommends in the service manual. I believe it states to not you fuels with methanol.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I never understand why people don't just look at what the owner's manual recommends when it comes to the best fuel option.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Titan , I do understand your frustration with the rookies in the group, however California fuel is blend of something or other and a extra load of some kind of crap that really is almost good for nothing. So I do apologize for the lack of a pre-explanation. If I can order some fuel that's better for the bike and gives it a little more that's where the question came from, sorry.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Define "best".

The "best" in terms of power output will certainly not be the "best" in terms of being cheapest!
With that beings said, the best fuel is whatever you want to put in it, as long as it meets requirement set fourth buy the manufacture. ;)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
90+octane plus something without methanol preferably...however,it will run on 'blends' okay...10% or less methanol that is.

·
Registered
331 Posts
On my Iphone I have an app calle "pure Gas" ...it shows all the stations near you that still sell pure gas (no alcohol). From a chemical energy standpoint alcohol contains less energy than equivalent volume of gasoline. After that just meet the minimum octane from the manual and be sure its not leaded car gas for the classics.

Reactions: edinlr

·
Registered
574 Posts
On my Iphone I have an app calle "pure Gas" ...it shows all the stations near you that still sell pure gas (no alcohol). From a chemical energy standpoint alcohol contains less energy than equivalent volume of gasoline. After that just meet the minimum octane from the manual and be sure its not leaded car gas for the classics.
Thanks, I found lots of 93 octane close by and 100 octane at a small airport that will sell to the public (as long as it is for your kit plane in the garage, or for a gyrocopter to go buzz the Whitehouse).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Check into AVgas ...From past research it is not good for performance vehicles unless you absolutely need the octane rating. It is intended for airplanes and have additives for such. Also Higher Octane does not benefit you the higher it goes and may actually perform worse. you only need to meet the minimum and youll be just fine. if you go to a no brand station you may get a bad tankful too so i usually stick to the BP's Chevrons or Shell's too.

Reactions: edinlr

·
Registered
574 Posts
Check into AVgas ...From past research it is not good for performance vehicles unless you absolutely need the octane rating. It is intended for airplanes and have additives for such. Also Higher Octane does not benefit you the higher it goes and may actually perform worse. you only need to meet the minimum and youll be just fine. if you go to a no brand station you may get a bad tankful too so i usually stick to the BP's Chevrons or Shell's too.
I agree with all of the above. We have Shell and Phillips here with 93 octane. I am always nervous about no-label gas. Although I drive past the tank farm on the freeway and I don't see separate lapels, so I have to trust that there is a difference in the gas. I agree on the av gas, it is really for when you need the octane because of your ignition timing or boost loads. At Bonneville we have a choice of 5 or 6 gases to use and many people have found that the highest octane actually hurts their performance, the dyno or the track is the only way to tell for sure. We did use a lot of av gas in the early 70's when it became impossible to find adequate high octane for our race cars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Recommendations for Australia are 95 or above RON.
We can get 91,95,98 or 100 octane,and also E10.
I was told to use 98 and to never use E10.
I've always used 95 or 98 in my 10R with no probs.
The H2 get's only 98.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Recommendations for Australia are 95 or above RON.
We can get 91,95,98 or 100 octane,and also E10.
I was told to use 98 and to never use E10.
I've always used 95 or 98 in my 10R with no probs.
The H2 get's only 98.
Sounds like you guys still get pure gas :)
...here now almost all go juice is ~10% Ethanol Krap. :(

·
Registered
674 Posts
Our gas and EU is rated differently to yours
98 is pretty much your 93

Best gas, IMO e85, but Don would need to setup for map switching , know all the intank stuff is compatable and flow rates of pump injectors etc enough

If the H2 has a knock detector then better octane will give more power

Garth have you seen anything that would indicate a knock detector in the parts diagrams ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts