Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK don't panic but I think this is worth posting .
I was talking to a Kawasaki mechanic this week who had been trained in H2 servicing and maintenance.
Do Not Sit On Your H2 If You Have Removed The Engine As It Will Bend The Frame !
Hopefully it will be a long way in the future before its engine out time but for any serious tuners out there it's worth remembering .
The engine is used as a stress member not unlike my old Honda CBX , the difference is the CBX frame is made from bridge girders whereas the H2 frame is made from McDonald's thick shake straws .
If you look at the frame you can see exactly where it would fail without the support of the engine if you were to sit on it , guaranteed to spoil your day .

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good to know. I wouldn't have foreseen doing this ever, but now that I know I'll be actually aware of making a point to not do it.

Did he warn you because he experienced what can happen first hand? Or did he just know in the first place?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know. I wouldn't have foreseen doing this ever, but now that I know I'll be actually aware of making a point to not do it.

Did he warn you because he experienced what can happen first hand? Or did he just know in the first place?
Apparently it has happened, possibly in Japan during development ?
I thought it was worth posting as it's just the kind of thing that could happen even if you sat on an engineless bike just to move it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts