Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that's in the NYC Metro area there's over 100 of us riding together to Bear Mountain tonight. Figure we'll be there around 8-8:30pm. Perfect riding weather in the mid 70's & looks to be a clear night.

If anyone wants to join us for the ride or to meet there send me a PM till 5pm, afterwards text : My area code is Nassau County, the # is 713-7648.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see why :

"Accounts vary but it’s generally believed that during the ghost month, the gates of **** open and restless spirits emerge to haunt the living. During this time, the gates of heaven are also said to be unbolted, allowing benign spirits to visit their families for feasting and entertainment.

The eerie activity peaks on Friday, August 28, the 15th day of the lunar month, known as Yu Lan, or Festival of the Hungry Ghost. After two weeks of wandering the earth, the spooks are weary and ravenous, so it’s especially important on this day to keep them appeased.

Although opinion on the origin of the ghost month is divided, it has evolved into a time to make offerings to ancestors, and appease malignant spirits walking among them."

·
Registered
317 Posts
I see why :

"Accounts vary but it’s generally believed that during the ghost month, the gates of **** open and restless spirits emerge to haunt the living. During this time, the gates of heaven are also said to be unbolted, allowing benign spirits to visit their families for feasting and entertainment.

The eerie activity peaks on Friday, August 28, the 15th day of the lunar month, known as Yu Lan, or Festival of the Hungry Ghost. After two weeks of wandering the earth, the spooks are weary and ravenous, so it’s especially important on this day to keep them appeased.

Although opinion on the origin of the ghost month is divided, it has evolved into a time to make offerings to ancestors, and appease malignant spirits walking among them."
what a smart guy, why you learn so much Chinese tradition?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what a smart guy, why you learn so much Chinese tradition?
I didn't know what the Ghost Festival was so always interested in learning about other traditions/ cultures..... Also you know, try and buck the 'I live in America, center of the Universe' stereotype. :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
...The Chinese gave us Bruce lee ...total badass and if he was still alive would be riding an H2!

...Be water my friend.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Idk about mid 70s lol it's chilly! Have a good ride!
Thanks, it was great. Mid 70's Chilly? You're kidding around I guess. I was still a little too warm in my gear but I'm always wearing a perf. leather Dainese jacket & my MC vest. 60's are perfect IMO. In NY April, May & September, October are my favorite months weather wise for riding.

About 200 miles last night. Hard to take pics at night w/ a phone but below are from one of the meet up spots near Sayerville New Jersey. One of the reasons for the ride was to raise money for a riding mate that has testicular cancer. Over 100 bikes.

In the first pic - Play find the H2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like you had a good time ;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
@STRADALE I live not that far the way the crow flies and it was 65 here (dropped fast) that's why I said that. 75 is great. 65 not so much. I wear a* gp tech perfect leathers and they flow a ton of air. So do my gp tech gloves. Couple that with an undersuit that wicks sweat it makes for a chilly ride... I think temp is something that varies for each of us. I get cold.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
@STRADALE I live not that far the way the crow flies and it was 65 here (dropped fast) that's why I said that. 75 is great. 65 not so much. I wear a* gp tech perfect leathers and they flow a ton of air. So do my gp tech gloves. Couple that with an undersuit that wicks sweat it makes for a chilly ride... I think temp is something that varies for each of us. I get cold.
You said "IDK about mid 70's it's chilly"

If you're getting cold because you're sweating think that's a different story.

Headed out at 7pm I was warm when sun was still up. Rode back about 100 miles from 11-1am, for me temps were perfect then but absolutely, you're right; temp. comfort is totally preference, who am I to say you don't get cold? I just thought you were kidding.

Perhaps try non perf or even non perf that comes w/ a liner if you get cold in 70 F. My leathers (Dainese Delta Pro w/ back protector) are perf but my leather vest isn't, having 2 leather layers gives more protection from the wind & on the fly options; perf & non perf depending. Plus the vest isn't a matter of preference ;) When in slower moving areas last night just opened the vest when I was too warm so the perf jacket could cool me off but while in the Holland Tunnel felt like going through a Sauna. I also wear a compression or heat gear shirt, find it keeps me cooler in the heat and evaporates sweat much better than Cotten. To me 60's, 70's is perfect for what I like to wear protection wise. High 80's and I'm sweating bullets especially stopped but some people like yourself obviously must prefer riding in warmer temps, that's "cool" too, different strokes, different temps for different folks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
70s is perfect but for me it feels colder when it's not humid. I may find a non perf suit. I have to wear an undersuit or id have to cut the **** off me lol I'd never get out.. When I said sweating it's from getting off the bike to get gas/drink/etc I sweat and when we get going it's mad cold. I was surprised actually. I plan to get a winter undersuit. If anyone has any suggestions for non perf 1piece I'm all ears I generally do t see them. The undersuit is much like your compression stuff. Exactly like it actiually

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know what you mean. I wear long sleeve Under Armour heat gear even just for wearing the tight fitting jacket, otherwise it's hard to get off. My race suit impossible without under top & bottom. There's non perf suits on Revzilla. I have the Dainese perf Laguna SECA EVO one piece but they're available in non perf too. On sale now from $1200 for $960. Great price for the type of quality.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-laguna-seca-evo-race-suit-non-perforated

·
Registered
574 Posts
Watch for bears in Crown Victorias and Chargers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It was, sorry you couldn't come. How was your thing?
It was ok,had traction issues due to poor track prep,so left early for home. Got home around 11:30 and we all sat on the deck watching the moon. I was so tempted to jump on one of the bikes and blast over to Bear Mt real quick to try&find ya;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts