Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 bikes ATM. I'll be honest, not one of my current crop have I full throttled in 1st gear to the limit of max throttle, and I consider myself as a decent rider.

My S1000RR I have in 2nd, same with my ZX-12R. My Z1000... my balls not even close to do it. That bike is insane and will IMHO beat the H2 in city speeds.

Just curious who here reckons they will with the H2.

I seriously want some tips because forums sound like everyone can do it....LOL I can't!

Rock.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have 3 bikes ATM. I'll be honest, not one of my current crop have I full throttled in 1st gear to the limit of max throttle, and I consider myself as a decent rider.

My S1000RR I have in 2nd, same with my ZX-12R. My Z1000... my balls not even close to do it. That bike is insane and will IMHO beat the H2 in city speeds.

I seriously want some tips because forums sound like everyone can do it....LOL I can't!

Rock.
well its not that you can't do it IMO, you've just been limited by context... an activity highly dependant on space...

Reactions: Rock Ape

·
Registered
473 Posts
well its not that you can't do it IMO, you've just been limited by context... an activity highly dependant on space...

And gonads! ;)

Reactions: Rock Ape

·
Registered
240 Posts
Truth be known, very few people have the clutch skills to whack any stock wheelbase 750 and up sport bike wide open. I know I sure don't and have riding 37 years with some drag racing.

If we watch the videos of skilled drag racers, they work the clutch constantly to keep the front end down...:eek:

·
Registered
554 Posts
ah from a standing start, I thought you were just talking about screwing it on to the stop... my mistake...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well.... I love my Harley - not because it's good, or fast though.

I have full throttled my Gixxer 1000 in first gear. You need to manage your weight well. Put some weight on the balls of your feet to lower the roll center - that helps a lot. Also, be sure not to tug on the bars - no pulling. Squeeze with your knees - again, to keep your roll center as low as possible.

You also want your roll center forward so lean into the power - but the handle bars should be 'loose' no tugging.

My 2 cents.

greg

·
Registered
787 Posts

Rock.
Your doing well to pin any of those in second gear. Getting off the line is its own art form that only practice can work out. My zx12r wheelies at 5.5k revs them rises again at 9k revs. That was before the pcv and ackrapovic were fitted.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I won't pin my 10R to the stop from take off,but I've hit the limiter in 1st plenty of times.All at the track,never on the street.
Always cover the rear brake just in case.
Only gear I haven't hit the limiter is 6th.Phillip Island straight isn't long enough,unless I gear it real silly.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I won't pin my 10R to the stop from take off,but I've hit the limiter in 1st plenty of times.All at the track,never on the street.
Only gear I haven't hit the limiter is 6th.Phillip Island straight isn't long enough,unless I gear it real silly.
How is PI, as fun as they say?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same on track. Have pushed the S1K to it's rev limit around 155-160km/h and even 2/3 but never full throttle in 1st to get there. You'd think by reading many forums, I was a bit of an exception not having the balls to do so, so interesting reading honest opinions here that on these types of bikes, H2 included, not many will/can. :)

Rock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
How is PI, as fun as they say?
The best thing I ever did was my first track day there.
Now I've done 6,and if it was cheaper,closer to home I'd do heaps more.
Just a sensational track to ride.After 20 mins you feel like you've had a real work out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did my first track day at PI years ago, coming down that main straight into turn one is unreal, stretched my chain 10mm over that weekend. Awesome!>:D

·
Registered
2 Posts

Rock.
I thought you were just talking about screwing it on to the stop
:nerd:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Definitive Answer

Nobody pins a modern sports bike to the stop in first, or second even unless they are heading for an ambulance. That's one reason why the ZX14 was limited by the secondary throttle butterflies dependant on rpm and gear. Other current sports bikes use something similar: launch control, anti-wheely software etc.

The manufacturers will not take the risk of being sued by an inexperienced rider. We spend time and money in LSR defeating these "rider aids" so that we can be in control again but nobody uses full throttle in first, you use as much as you need.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Nobody pins a modern sports bike to the stop in first"...I'm a tad confused about this 'pinning in first' deal here.What exactly does one mean by 'pinning in first'.:confused:

Don't the draggers pin their bikes in first?And they're already taking off in the 'beginning' of the strong torque range.

"We spend time and money in LSR defeating these "rider aids" "...okay,but doing LSR,you don't START out by pinning it,do you?You build up to full throttle don't you?I mean,it's a MPH test,not a timed run,right?I've 'pinned' my flashed 14R with Ktrc 'off' in first before(virtually from a dead stop),and hit redline,then shifted up into second and so on.It didn't go koo koo.???Let me say,I've pinned her once I got her rolling a bit to avoid breaking the tire loose.Dead stop,it would spin I know.Once it hit like 2,3k

1 - 20 of 26 Posts