Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki dealer called and said didn't have adapter to balance rear wheel. Said there was tool from Kawasaki but not yet available. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I change and balance my own tires. As soon as I look into the lug pattern I'm sure I can find a cheap hub to mount it on my balancer. ...thanks for reminding me :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Kawasaki dealer called and said didn't have adapter to balance rear wheel. Said there was tool from Kawasaki but not yet available. Anybody else have this problem?
You could do it the old fashioned way by spinning the back wheel and just mark the tyre with chalk at the bottom where it stops , if it stops in the same place three times just add a stick on weight at the top . It's balanced when it stops at random places .

·
Registered
577 Posts
The tech at work mentioned this to me today - sounds like the adaptor is now available from Kawasaki but at a cost .......

If anyone comes up with an equivalent or gets one made up can they post details here ! I suspect there may be a number of dealers (and possibly owners) interested in buying an adaptor at a sensible price !

·
Registered
331 Posts
Anyone know the lug pattern spacing? If it is not unique should be easier to find an adapter.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have a wheel balancer for rear wheels...with those cone shaped wheel holders.You think that would work?Maybe weld a collar on the left side one to be able to push it in against the wheel hub.Add a set screw to it?That should work,right?It's a really good working balancer.Done all my rears with it.(and fronts)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the same cone balancer but was thinking a manufactured hub that engaged the studs would assure it is centered perfectly. For ATV tires a spare hub with bearings installed works well.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
331 Posts
the price Ive found so far online for the tool 57001-1832 is $743.88 ...HAH not happening. Ill try find out the spacing on the chance I can find any existing hub I can make work. Otherwise it may be along the lines you suggested silver, with some centering boss

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm fairly sure the tyre manufacturers who supply hundreds of tyres for Superbike racing balance them by hand using cones and a spindle. They prefer it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Uh oh. I made an appt w/ my dealer Wednesday to install a new tire, have 2 track days next weekend, I wonder if they have the adapter? Betta call & double check. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Cones and a spindle work for standard 2 sided swingarm ....which we don't have. We have a wheel with a hole in the middle and cones wont stabilize it. Maybe there are different cones than mine which are long and skinny?

So we need some sort of adapter with a center the cones will fit properly. look in the service manual youll see the adapter on 10-5. For $745 I'll make my own

·
Registered
577 Posts
OK - it looks like there is demand for an aftermarket, sensibly priced alternative - anyone got access to a machine shop or know anyone who might be willing to take this on as a commercial project ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I measured with calipers and the lug pattern is 5 x 100mm.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yes my dealer said the same thing when I had a new tyre put on
So what did you guys end up doing? Did you balance it or not?

My dealer is telling me not to worry about balancing the rear wheel.

I have a decision to make because my tire is close to being shot & I have 2 track days this Saturday & Sunday. So do I bring in the bike today & change the tire or do I gamble & wait which could mean failed safety inspection at the track.

Think I have to put the new tire on & hope for the best, I see its marked where they want the valve stem. Weird thing to me is my bike has a weight & it's right next to the valve stem, you would think that would be the heaviest place but realize just depends on well & tire. I know normally you would pull off the weight prior to being balanced but if not being balanced, wondering what to do.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So what did you guys end up doing? Did you balance it or not?

My dealer is telling me not to worry about balancing the rear wheel.

I have a decision to make because my tire is close to being shot & I have 2 track days this Saturday & Sunday. So do I bring in the bike today & change the tire or do I gamble & wait which could mean failed safety inspection at the track.

Think I have to put the new tire on & hope for the best, I see its marked where they want the valve stem. Weird thing to me is my bike has a weight & it's right next to the valve stem, you would think that would be the heaviest place but realize just depends on well & tire. I know normally you would pull off the weight prior to being balanced but if not being balanced, wondering what to do.
I didn't do anything, just left it as it was. Rides fine :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts