Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My h2 now has 7300 miles.Back brake used to be fantastic.Now it wont even lock up or trip abs.I removed pads.Sprayed several times with brake parts cleaner.Used a soaked cloth of cleaner on rotor.Then lightly sanded pads and rotor to hopefully remove any glazing.Cleaned all again and still does`nt work worth a ****.I have ext warranty.Anybody else`s rear brake go south...thanks

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I don't use the rear brake except on sketchy surfaces or when carrying a passenger, and I don't ride the H2 on sketchy surfaces and it can't have a passenger, therefore ... I can't even remember the last time I've touched it while riding. Couldn't tell you whether it works or not.

To the original poster ... Is the issue that the brake lever goes all the way down to the stop without anything happening (in which case, bleed the brakes), or is the issue that the brake lever goes down a normal amount and feels firm but doesn't do much braking (in which case, it is a brake pad issue of some sort)?

The rear brake on sport bikes is intentionally designed not to do much. Using the rear brake as your normal brake (without using the front) is likely to overheat it. How much do you rely on the rear brake?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't use the rear brake except on sketchy surfaces or when carrying a passenger, and I don't ride the H2 on sketchy surfaces and it can't have a passenger, therefore ... I can't even remember the last time I've touched it while riding. Couldn't tell you whether it works or not.

To the original poster ... Is the issue that the brake lever goes all the way down to the stop without anything happening (in which case, bleed the brakes), or is the issue that the brake lever goes down a normal amount and feels firm but doesn't do much braking (in which case, it is a brake pad issue of some sort)?

The rear brake on sport bikes is intentionally designed not to do much. Using the rear brake as your normal brake (without using the front) is likely to overheat it. How much do you rely on the rear brake?
Pressure is hard as a rock..No air in line.It acts like it must be glased.I always use the rear brake on my bikes for the final 50 foot out of habit. Multiple times I had the front tire on bikes hit something greasy on the road and try to wash out front end .Having to let up on the front with the rear applied is a safty net for me.They are real tiny pads.Since it does not seem that anybody else has this problem I`ll chalk it up to heat and cycles.I`ll buy a new set and see what happens.It`s just like over night it was worthless.I have 16000 miles on my 14r and the pads are original. Its a heavier b
ike but still stops great.....thanks for the reply

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I think we just need to settle down. In this case, it sounds like the brake pads were contaminated. If the brake pedal feels firm then the hydraulics are operating as they should, and changing the fluid won't change anything.

·
Registered
438 Posts
@h2sc
You are talking to a whole forum of people.
Most guys are not going to judge, and prosecute you.
Most guys are polite, and want to see what it is you are talking about.
And if they can help you, they will.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
No way to know that.

No way to tell what the underlying cause of the original poster's problem is without seeing it.

Keep it civil, folks ... and that goes for all involved.

If you think someone is trolling ... the best course of action is to not feed them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
H2sc asked a question of forum members and was immediately drilled by the first two responses. Was that necessary? go ahead and pick on me now for not knowing all but it'll be your last chance because I'll make sure not to ask any questions after this.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Looking back my answer was obviously meant in jest as response to Nola referring to the op as Jesus. I don't see any real harm at that point and it's quite a novice question that received a novice answer, the response from op however was just aggressive/ defensive.

I think we should start a fresh and forget the last few posts.

In my opinion you are likely relying on your back brake a little too much, hence the reason for premature pad wear. It is just something you have to get used to (different riding style). I hope you enjoy your new bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trailbraking is fun. Anyway a new set of rear pads will be here Monday and I`ll put them on.I`ll post my findings Tuesday.They are tiny pads.58.00 bucks from Cheap Cycle parts.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
turns out the new brocks full system ah2 muffler bracket bolt head is twice as thick as it should be.I swapped with a thinner head bolt and it works like new again..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Interesting, glad you figured that out, good news!

You sure, the right M8 X 16mm allen head bolt was initially? Here's mine; Brocks full exhaust Alien Head 2 muffler bracket bolt:

Step 12 "inspect rear brake lever for full movement":

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
OR did you unbolt the back brake lever and put the bracket on the same bolt as the brake lever pivot ? I have seen that before.

NOLA

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My brand new full ah2 system came with a shiny hex head with a nyla nut.Plastic insert.That tab that holds the brake pedal return spring and the stop light spring was tagging the head of this bolt.Good as new and I gotta say this fucking bike is a HOT ROD now.The stage 2 transformed this bike into a nasty evil sob.The state of tune is nothing short of insanity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts