Ninja H2 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-h2r-owners-check-area/6049-first-ride-9.html
Should be read before you pick up your H2, specially the bit towards the end about getting your left foot stuck on the peg, peg mod, trying not to drop it etc.
I thought it was just me being a dork, difficult to find neutral, get the kickstand down, hem caught on the peg etc. That's why I used to wear Texan boots with my jeans tucked in to them ... A dealer told me more people drop their bikes stationary than riding them. True, don't let it lean till the feet are down and never push it with the stand down. But then unless you are dealer pushing bikes all day ... tricky. I sit and push now, too many scary moments with heavy bikes, gravely or tiled floor slips etc. The stand is easier to get down if you use the back end of it. I was trying to get it in the middle section... hem catching in the peg. Finding neutral from second with a tiny tap down etc all great tips ... Thanks. - 1700 miles in about 5 weeks now. Speechless - superlatives are insufficient.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I completely agree with the "getting caught in the foot-peg" comment. Add shoe and boot laces to the list of things that will snag.

About pushing the bike. I used to look after publicity for a large bike shop, it involved a lot of pushing bikes around to photograph them and I'm always pushing bikes in and out of the van when going to a race meeting. It does depend what you're used to. I actually find it easier to push a bike backwards by standing in front of it and holding the bars, or one bar and the fairing. Sounds odd but it cannot fall away from you, as you are evenly balanced with a leg to each side, you can steady it with the front brake if needs be and you can manoeuvre it through quite small gaps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts