Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
i'm not sure what H2S is.. but H2 2015 (the first one) could have autoblip enabled using woolich Racing flash.

·
Registered
247 Posts
To answer your question, yes, with a reflash of the ecu, the autoblip function can be enabled, to function it requires a shift sensor, a zx-10 shift sensor works, as does the woolich part. I have found the woolich sensor (on a zx-14r / same part), to be very sturdy and reliable.

·
Registered
888 Posts
^ I thought I remember reading early on that the hardware (shift rod, etc.) from the '16 zx10 wouldn't fit on the H2, conflict in space for the parts. Has anyone done this mod successfully? there a thread on it?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the H2S has an un-activated auto blipper as the ZX 10 does?
If I understand it correctly, you are trying to ask do they (H2's) have an un-activated auto blipper?

My answer is auto blip function yes, auto blip sensor no. The sensor needs to be added to get it to work after edu flash enables it.

Now if you are asking if you can do clutch-less downshifting... then yes, you can. There is a trick to doing it and takes a lot of practice.

How I do it at times when just cruising: (the down shift window is very small)

When I'm cruising and moving traffic stars to build.
- Roll off throttle and at the same time tap down a gear without clutch

If timing is correct it will just smoothly fall into next low gear (It takes a lot of practice). It CANNOT be used multiple time quickly as a auto blip replacement or as an equivalent too. This Doesn't require forcing /banging / hammering into the next lower gear. If the timing is right, it will fall into gear as if you used the clutch.

A Note to add: I'm not doing this clutch-less downshifting at high rpm. I do it in the 4k-7k range (my cruise speed rpm range). On average around 6,200 - 6,500 range. Hope this helps. Also, it doesn't work below 4k rpm, clutch is needed then. I don't do it often but when I do, that's how I do it.

:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
^ I thought I remember reading early on that the hardware (shift rod, etc.) from the '16 zx10 wouldn't fit on the H2, conflict in space for the parts. Has anyone done this mod successfully? there a thread on it?

All you need is the '16 ZX10 shift sensor. I put it on my H2 and have auto blip down now. Seriously rocks at the track.

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@Fitton

Yes, the one Brock sells works. I have it on mine. Its the 2016 ZX-10R up and down blipper. I wrote an entire install manual on this !!!

Search is your friend !

NOLA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the answers, now being a simpleton do a need a reflash and a sensor, or can I get away with just the sensor?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the answers, now being a simpleton do a need a reflash and a sensor, or can I get away with just the sensor?
Need to re flash..

·
Registered
888 Posts
All you need is the '16 ZX10 shift sensor. I put it on my H2 and have auto blip down now. Seriously rocks at the track.
cool, thanks, I'm gonna do it ASAP. I think I was thinking about the install issues with GPshift

I wrote an entire install manual on this !!!
Search is your friend !
NOLA.
I did a search and didn't see your thread. what is it bitch? It's Saturday and I don't feel like shelling out too much effort :D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@racer172

HAHA, I got ya bitch :)

Here is the link, happy to give it to you, you been here since the dawn of time, and have contributed a ton to the board. I wont do homework for someone with 15 posts. They gotta learn.

http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/electronics/18465-installing-zx-10r-quickshifter-h2.html

NOLA

P.S. How have YOU not done this to your bike yet. I figured you have tried every part combination possible so far ! You are like the tester for all this stuff.

·
Registered
888 Posts
@NOLA
thank you! gonna get my builder on this ASAP
honestly, it just got overlooked, with the stageIII build, trying to sort out the boost temps waiting for the intercooler, and getting the new fz10 & R6 and modding both bikes. I do have the FlashTune QS & auto blip on the R6 and love it!
Time to get back to focus on the H2 though, will get the auto blip done, intercooler is coming, new dyno tune to follow, and new fork internals being installed as well. Gonna set some new lap times!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@racer172

Consider waiting for the 2017 model parts to populate the parts re-sellers. The 2017 auto blipper should be a stock fitment. The ZX-10R linkage is not a stock replacement. You will have to move your shifter connection point forward one tooth, and adjust the middle section a bit. Just make sure the installer measures 11mm on the back linkage section, the rest is easy. It does work fine, but I always prefer stock parts.

Brock sells the part.

NOLA

·
Registered
888 Posts
^ that's good stuff. thanks

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Okay,so just what and how does this deal work?I downshift almost the same as MR.XR.But mostly use the clutch for downshifts.I certainly don't pull the clutch in all the way to the bar...just a small amount.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Imagine, you could be a left arm amputee and still shift gears with an auto blipper :)
That sums it up.

It would be easier for the amputee, I'm having trouble re-training myself to:

1: Not back-off with the right hand on up shifts
2: Not reach for the clutch with the right hand on down shifts.

Many years of riding and doing clutchless button-back-a-little and upshift and clutching downs shifts are REALLY hard habits to break on the 17-H2.

Not sure I'm a fan of the down shift yet but it's nice when lazy riding one handed and rolling into a slower speed zone. I think for harder riding I'm more likely to clutch and kick down two gears under heavier brakes before tipping in and rolling-on. Time will tell.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts