Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I looked at the full system but sadly since the weak Aussie dollar it would end up over 6k landed..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
There are a few systems on the market now but unfortunately they seem to be made for parts of the world with no noise limits in force.

The only one I've seen, which I could use here in the UK, is the Akrapovic. it's under the 105dB limit for our tracks.

·
Banned
546 Posts
There are a few systems on the market now but unfortunately they seem to be made for parts of the world with no noise limits in force.

The only one I've seen, which I could use here in the UK, is the Akrapovic. it's under the 105dB limit for our tracks.
Requiring the H2 to be quieter is like demanding Amy Macdonald stop talking or Scarlett Johanssen to put her clothes back on; whoever is making these arbitrary rules in your country is a soulless monster and should be stopped! :)

That Austin Racing can sounds good. Still looks out of place on the H2, but if that's the only way, so be it. It's worth it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Requiring the H2 to be quieter is like demanding Amy Macdonald stop talking or Scarlett Johanssen to put her clothes back on; whoever is making these arbitrary rules in your country is a soulless monster and should be stopped! :)
Yes Cliff, you don't need to remind me about it, I live here.

Unfortunately it's not just about taking a gamble when out on the roads and hoping the cops don't stop you. The tracks we use for LSR in the UK have a strict noise level, 105dB, which is enforced with no exceptions. Most of the race circuits do too.

There's a good reason for this. If the club were to regularly exceed the limits the licence to hold the speed events could be revoked and that would be the end of racing. We have already lost RAF Woodbridge because of this, a really good two-mile runway at which bikes are no longer welcome.

So if you see me going on about wanting an aftermarket system that isn't too noisy, you now know the reason why.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Yes Cliff, you don't need to remind me about it, I live here.

Unfortunately it's not just about taking a gamble when out on the roads and hoping the cops don't stop you. The tracks we use for LSR in the UK have a strict noise level, 105dB, which is enforced with no exceptions. Most of the race circuits do too.

There's a good reason for this. If the club were to regularly exceed the limits the licence to hold the speed events could be revoked and that would be the end of racing. We have already lost RAF Woodbridge because of this, a really good two-mile runway at which bikes are no longer welcome.

So if you see me going on about wanting an aftermarket system that isn't too noisy, you now know the reason why.
I'm with you but I still can't believe tracks have noise limits for bikes. F1 cars are 134db. And what did they do when jets were using the runway? I suspect whoever made that rule was a motorcycle racist.

Over here they didn't think mine was loud enough - they made me put a horn on it.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Best track in my area, Calabogie, was built several years ago and the only way to get it built involved severe noise restrictions to appease the neighbors. For street use, the municipality north of me put in bylaws about motorcycle noise. So, no loud exhaust for me either. We have to play nice with others.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Best track in my area, Calabogie, was built several years ago and the only way to get it built involved severe noise restrictions to appease the neighbors. For street use, the municipality north of me put in bylaws about motorcycle noise. So, no loud exhaust for me either. We have to play nice with others.
So Calabogie is better than the Mosport big track? Honest question, I have been to the second, but not the first...

Frio

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Mosport has long, fast straightaways and 10 numbered corners - two of which are slight bends on the back straightaway (numbered because they are corner marshal stations, not because they are real corners). It is not particularly physically demanding to ride, you just need big balls to get the entrance to corner 2 and 4 right (due to blind entrances and very high speed going over the hill into either one). And you go into the entrance of corner 8 pretty much at top speed.

Bogie has more than 20 numbered corners and several of them are linked together; get the first one wrong and you are messed up for the second. Get Temptation wrong and you are off into the weeds (decreasing radius). Very challenging track, it takes quite a while to learn it. The pavement is in better condition than Mosport. Overall speeds are lower but there are a lot more corners to remember. And they are serious about that sound limit ...

Both tracks are awesome. Both have one thing in common. Don't crash. Corner one at Bogie is not a big problem on my track bike (fizzer 400) but get it wrong on a superbike and it's baaaaad news.

FWIW our vintage racing series is doing a round at both this year www.vrra.ca The bikes and riders may be olde but the Mosport event has historically been fantastic. This will be our first year at Bogie aside from being an invitation class at CSBK last year, which was great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts