Ninja H2 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got one of these? I'm really struggling to decide on the best exhaust. I would like an original h2r but that seems very difficult. I read somewhere that inconel is the best thing to make exhaust with in high heat situations, better than titanium?

Not heard anything about the Austin one so would like to know what people's experience is

·
Registered
674 Posts
Inconel is what they make turbocharger exhaust wheels out of , it will be extremely durable and i would expect outlast the bike no matter how often you make it glow enough to read by
but it will be a little heavier that Ti

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard inconel comes from one of the rings around Saturn and that's why it's expensive? If you touch it while it's glowing hit it won't burn? Supposed to be some pretty magical stuff;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Its one of the few metals that gets more difficult to cut as it gets hotter. They usually water jet it. It totally destroys machine tooling. The difference between the inconel and Ti is that they both get as hot, the inconel cools quicker than the Ti.

I remember when Austin Racing made the first exhaust for the Panigale they had alllllllll kind of drama on the Ducati boards about them, and their product. They made crazy power claims and "Rich" was all kinds of a dick on the boards to people that couldnt get the power they advertised. Even if you go there today and mention Austin Racing you will see the wrath of God come out from the longtime members.

NOLA

·
Registered
835 Posts
I heard inconel comes from one of the rings around Saturn and that's why it's expensive? If you touch it while it's glowing hit it won't burn? Supposed to be some pretty magical stuff;)
Well I heard it can only be collected with the point of a unicorn horn being held in the fin of a mermaids tail on a full moon , it can then only be swopped for magic beans .

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was looking at the AR exhaust until I looked further into the details and power outputs. talked to a few people and then seen the TT3 from Andy and thought that's what i'm having.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I like the tt3, if it was titanium I would be sold. I know it sounds silly but I think these bikes deserve something that little bit more exotic. Originally the tt3 was going to be titanium but I think they must have came up against to many problems to complete. I'm still looking for my perfect exhaust and very tempted on the tt3.

Have you purchased one yet? Thoughts?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was looking at these

As said, I thought, hmm, Inconel, that's cool

Don't know weather I'd go for a full system or just bang a slash cut on, I need some more noise, is to quiet with the akra on, even with the baffle out

I also think I'd be taking it elsewhere for a ecu flash

Rob

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was looking at these

As said, I thought, hmm, Inconel, that's cool

Don't know weather I'd go for a full system or just bang a slash cut on, I need some more noise, is to quiet with the akra on, even with the baffle out

I also think I'd be taking it elsewhere for a ecu flash

Rob
Taking mine to PCR tuning in Cannock for ECU reflash. Not sure if to hold off as looking at a full system 1st. Defiantly need the catalytic taking off. Seen the systems by T3 racing and they look the real deal h2r look.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Taking mine to PCR tuning in Cannock for ECU reflash. Not sure if to hold off as looking at a full system 1st. Defiantly need the catalytic taking off. Seen the systems by T3 racing and they look the real deal h2r look.
yeh, I'm aware of pcr, apparently, 1k will get you re-flash, auto-blipper, dna filter and cica 250 bhp at the rear

You take yours fist and let me know;)

Rob

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I spoke with Pcr months ago and they quoted £250 for a flash! The dan is £94 on eBay so where is the other £650? An auto blipper?

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeh, I'm aware of pcr, apparently, 1k will get you re-flash, auto-blipper, dna filter and cica 250 bhp at the rear

You take yours fist and let me know;)

Rob
Yea gonna speak to him tomoz. Thinking though of going with brock slash cut as can get it for about £1800 full system.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I spoke with Pcr months ago and they quoted £250 for a flash! The dan is £94 on eBay so where is the other £650? An auto blipper?

Dunno, that was the info another h2 owner text me, may be bullshite, when I'm ready i'll make the call and find out

Rob

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have been looking around and basically it seems to me that tt3 exhaust is the same as brocks only with a nicer finish on the silencer, up to you if that worth the extra £400-500? It seemed dan made the filter of choice but now I see the p08 sprint I think I would go that way as it needs no oil and from my experience with my turbo Porsche, oil filters can cause issues with sensors so sprint will be my choice. Then their is the mapping, I think all flash tunes "de-restrict" so doesn't really matter who you go with then it's ignition and fuelling. Either through a pcv or mapping.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have been looking around and basically it seems to me that tt3 exhaust is the same as brocks only with a nicer finish on the silencer, up to you if that worth the extra £400-500? It seemed dan made the filter of choice but now I see the p08 sprint I think I would go that way as it needs no oil and from my experience with my turbo Porsche, oil filters can cause issues with sensors so sprint will be my choice. Then their is the mapping, I think all flash tunes "de-restrict" so doesn't really matter who you go with then it's ignition and fuelling. Either through a pcv or mapping.
I would say for looks it worth it especially if you trying to get the look of the h2r. I ordered one today so when it comes will see how the quality is. It's a shame brock doesn't tidy the end up as to me it looks to much like it cut off without the beveled edges.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts