Ninja H2 banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went from a '11 ZX10R to the H2. The clutch on the 10 was awesome and I was bitterly disappointed in the H2 clutch. After changing the whole clutch pack to the '16 version, the bike is such a pleasure to ride. The only real gripe is to get the fuelling to the same as the 10, then it'll be an awesome bike to ride... If I'm honest, if I could get the fuelling the same as the 06/07 ZX10R, I'd be happy as a pig in ....

·
Registered
867 Posts
I ordered the kit and put it all together and went to try it out and the lever felt like the first 1/2 pull like the salve cylinder had air in it then it would tighten up. but it wasn't fully disengaging the clutch. come to find out they didn't include the spring seats for the pressure springs! Now I have to pull her back apart and lose 5 quarts of Amsoil and a new gaskets! SOB's...I'm really hoping this is the issue but I'm not 100% sold that it is. But I can't see anything else not being right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK so I installed the slip assist clutch in my bike. I didn't want to wait for a kit so I compared the two parts catalogs and ordered up all the parts individually. There's really not many parts that are different, still uses the original basket, input shaft and most of the clutch plates, and they were all in stock. It was just under $500 - about the same as the kit. Did the install myself.
This is a no brainer, the clutch lever feels like a 250 size bike, and the engagement is super smooth and predictable. I could ride this bike in traffic all day long easily. Anyone with a 2016 can attest to this. By the way, the clutch springs (only 3 of them) are much longer than the originals, so I'm pretty sure any suggestion of using Brock's stronger springs are out the window. I don't think you would need them anyway, it just grabs harder the more power you put to it. Similar theory to a clamping clutch that drag racers use. I didn't stop to take any pictures, but install was a piece of cake. You will need a holder for the hub to tighten the center nut to spec.
After 5 years I finally installed my clutch assist upgrade. I took it out for the first time today. The pull is way better! However, I know it's when I downshift I can feel like a release of the of the clutch ( some sort of an extra movement to the clutch lever?). It's kind of hard to explain. Any input from you would be appreciated

Brian

·
Registered
867 Posts
After 5 years I finally installed my clutch assist upgrade. I took it out for the first time today. The pull is way better! However, I know it's when I downshift I can feel like a release of the of the clutch ( some sort of an extra movement to the clutch lever?). It's kind of hard to explain. Any input from you would be appreciated

Brian
I had got that same feeling. You pull the lever in and it goes easy but then there is something towards the 3/4 pull that just feels strange. like a slight smooth bind and then if you keep pulling it the rest of the travel is smooth. is that what your feeling?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had got that same feeling. You pull the lever in and it goes easy but then there is something towards the 3/4 pull that just feels strange. like a slight smooth bind and then if you keep pulling it the rest of the travel is smooth. is that what your feeling?
Yes that's correct. It's like you actually feel the internals of the clutch working. It must be just the nature of it. Mechanically it's working seamlessly. Do you have the auto blip up and down Guhl upgrade?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yes that's correct. It's like you actually feel the internals of the clutch working. It must be just the nature of it. Mechanically it's working seamlessly. Do you have the auto blip up and down Guhl upgrade?
Yes that's what I feel. I do have the up and down auto blip but stopped using the down because it broke a part in the shifting assembly when used at lower speeds so I stopped using it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes that's what I feel. I do have the up and down auto blip but stopped using the down because it broke a part in the shifting assembly when used at lower speeds so I stopped using it.
Wow that's interesting. Was it the shift assembly from a newer model H2?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wow that's interesting. Was it the shift assembly from a newer model H2?
she’s a 2015 but the part that broke is still the same as far as I know. If you look up my post it’s under skipping gears I think. I posted a pic of it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The clutch binding thing has already been discussed here and I explainded what it is and how to fix it. Fixed mine last year and still good.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts