Ninja H2 banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
let me know how the install goes and I guess if you dont like it you can switch back but I imagine you will like it. please let us know.

·
Registered
867 Posts
let me know how the install goes and I guess if you dont like it you can switch back but I imagine you will like it. please let us know.
I will for sure....Im actually defeating the full potential of the 2016 assembly because I've also ordered the Brock's HD clutch springs and shims. I told that increases the pull even more but I wanted to add the additional holding power of the clutch and not increase the lever pull at the same time. So that's why I decided to do both. It should have better holding power and still a little less pull than the 2015 set up which really isn't that bad anyways.....

·
Registered
573 Posts
One thing to consider when you are ordering factory parts is to check prices out of the country. I checked on a price for a stock ECU in Canada and with the US to Canadian ratio, it was in the $700 US range versus $1001 plus 9% tax, at my dealers. When you price a new H2R at $58,300 Canada, it is only $41070 in the US and the H2 is $28,600 in Canada, which is $20,149. Yes, I totally understand customs, taxes, model differences etc., just saying....

·
Registered
288 Posts
After 10,000 ks on my H2 i have noticed lately that the throw has become shorter,maybe it has ome air in it or it has just worn in.No problem still functions just that it has changed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I will for sure....Im actually defeating the full potential of the 2016 assembly because I've also ordered the Brock's HD clutch springs and shims. I told that increases the pull even more but I wanted to add the additional holding power of the clutch and not increase the lever pull at the same time. So that's why I decided to do both. It should have better holding power and still a little less pull than the 2015 set up which really isn't that bad anyways.....
I think you'll find that the lever pull is 100% dependent on how tough the springs you use are. The 2016 springs will be lighter than 2015 and if the brocks are heavier than the 2015's if you use them the pull will be heavier. The "assist" in the new clutch doesn't assist you pulling the clutch in. It assists the newer weaker springs to clamp down on the clutch when you release it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think you'll find that the lever pull is 100% dependent on how tough the springs you use are. The 2016 springs will be lighter than 2015 and if the brocks are heavier than the 2015's if you use them the pull will be heavier. The "assist" in the new clutch doesn't assist you pulling the clutch in. It assists the newer weaker springs to clamp down on the clutch when you release it.
Hmmmm I didn't know that. thanks for the info.....It may be that I use the 2015 spring then with the assist from the 2016. I really don't want the clutch harder to pull than it is now.

PS My UPS guy just dropped off the HD springs from Brocks! LOL

·
Registered
105 Posts
After 10,000 ks on my H2 i have noticed lately that the throw has become shorter,maybe it has ome air in it or it has just worn in.No problem still functions just that it has changed.

I don't think the lever feel should ever change, you should check for air in the line or any signs of leaking fluid.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just got to test a 2015 with Brock's stage 2 and heavier clutch springs. If you thought the factory clutch was a pain, this makes it 25% harder to pull the lever. Just a warning that you may want to do the 2016 clutch assist if you are upgrading to Brock's performance clutch springs.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Just got to test a 2015 with Brock's stage 2 and heavier clutch springs. If you thought the factory clutch was a pain, this makes it 25% harder to pull the lever. Just a warning that you may want to do the 2016 clutch assist if you are upgrading to Brock's performance clutch springs.
Kawiguy explained that the clutch assist itself does not make the lever action lighter it merely allows the use of lighter springs.

So if you were to put Brock's springs into a 2016 clutch pack it will feel the same as Brock's springs in a 2015 clutch pack.

At least, that's how it looks to me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah I have the Brock's springs and I'm waiting for the 2016 parts to come in. But after reading about the 2016 set up it seams its weaker springs for the lighter pull and then some sort of centrifugal deal that AIDS clamping force.... So I may regret n the 2015 springs in the 2016 set up for more clamping force but not the Brock's springs so it doesn't get harder to pull the the standard 2015 set up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doesn't the new clutch setup utilize fewer springs? (I believe 3 vs 6). If that's the case, the springs themselves may be the same or slightly stiffer since they are claiming a 40% lighter clutch feel. I'm contemplating just using the H2R clutch parts, unless they aren't available to anyone other than R owners.

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Doesn't the new clutch setup utilize fewer springs? (I believe 3 vs 6). If that's the case, the springs themselves may be the same or slightly stiffer since they are claiming a 40% lighter clutch feel. I'm contemplating just using the H2R clutch parts, unless they aren't available to anyone other than R owners.
You can't buy R parts without proving you own an R. Even for R owners it's tough because you have to get your bike registered in your name with the state, then registered with Kawasaki, then you have to in to a dealer and place the order. Its been tough but I appreciate Kawasaki protecting the owners.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can't buy R parts without proving you own an R. Even for R owners it's tough because you have to get your bike registered in your name with the state, then registered with Kawasaki, then you have to in to a dealer and place the order. Its been tough but I appreciate Kawasaki protecting the owners.
Right, but I wasn't sure what was and wasn't on the list of items that are not available for purchase. It was just an idea. Since my clutch isn't slipping yet, I hadn't pursued it much further. If they aren't available, I'll just use the stiffer springs. The clutch pull isn't that bad stock. Lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK so I installed the slip assist clutch in my bike. I didn't want to wait for a kit so I compared the two parts catalogs and ordered up all the parts individually. There's really not many parts that are different, still uses the original basket, input shaft and most of the clutch plates, and they were all in stock. It was just under $500 - about the same as the kit. Did the install myself.
This is a no brainer, the clutch lever feels like a 250 size bike, and the engagement is super smooth and predictable. I could ride this bike in traffic all day long easily. Anyone with a 2016 can attest to this. By the way, the clutch springs (only 3 of them) are much longer than the originals, so I'm pretty sure any suggestion of using Brock's stronger springs are out the window. I don't think you would need them anyway, it just grabs harder the more power you put to it. Similar theory to a clamping clutch that drag racers use. I didn't stop to take any pictures, but install was a piece of cake. You will need a holder for the hub to tighten the center nut to spec.

·
Registered
867 Posts
OK so I installed the slip assist clutch in my bike. I didn't want to wait for a kit so I compared the two parts catalogs and ordered up all the parts individually. There's really not many parts that are different, still uses the original basket, input shaft and most of the clutch plates, and they were all in stock. It was just under $500 - about the same as the kit. Did the install myself.
This is a no brainer, the clutch lever feels like a 250 size bike, and the engagement is super smooth and predictable. I could ride this bike in traffic all day long easily. Anyone with a 2016 can attest to this. By the way, the clutch springs (only 3 of them) are much longer than the originals, so I'm pretty sure any suggestion of using Brock's stronger springs are out the window. I don't think you would need them anyway, it just grabs harder the more power you put to it. Similar theory to a clamping clutch that drag racers use. I didn't stop to take any pictures, but install was a piece of cake. You will need a holder for the hub to tighten the center nut to spec.

Awesome thanks for the heads up!!!

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Much appreciate this input! Thank you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Definitely appreciate the info NonBock. That being said, I am curious if it is better from a performance/power-holding standpoint given that they did not elect to employ the same system on the H2R for 2016.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Definitely appreciate the info NonBock. That being said, I am curious if it is better from a performance/power-holding standpoint given that they did not elect to employ the same system on the H2R for 2016.
Hmmmm very good point my friend good point. Maybe they thought it wouldn't hold the extra power? sh t!!! I'm drying here not only do I have the HD brocks HD springs now but also have the 2016 clutch assist on the way... I want to make sure with my flash and all my other goodies the clutch holds this beast>:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very good point, in fact the outer pressure plate does look a bit delicate, not sure how it would stand up to a Brock's stage 2? Mine is still stock at the moment apart from a slip on. I guess if you already own a 2016 and want to beef up the clutch it would be easy to retrofit backwards too.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts