Ninja H2 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got her home and was admiring her on my front and rear Moto D Stands and decided the extras had to go.....So I removed all the reflectors and then looked to the tail section. It wasn't real bad but I'm not a fan of rear fenders so I removed it and took a trip to cycle gear for some supplies. Here's what I came up with. It came out way better that I had hoped for. The LED turn signals I installed look factory for sure!

Well as soon as I figure out how to add pics I'll post it. Seems like this I pad only likes nudy pics >:D

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Somefun,

That does look good and you're right the turn signals look like they came from the factory. I assume the turn signals are plug and play since the OEM were LED as well? Are using the OEM plate light? There are several LED styles you can get online that would look good if you can find a way to mount them.

Two thumbs up!

P.S. I love your garage!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somefun,

That does look good and you're right the turn signals look like they came from the factory. I assume the turn signals are plug and play since the OEM were LED as well? Are using the OEM plate light? There are several LED styles you can get online that would look good if you can find a way to mount them.

Two thumbs up!

P.S. I love your garage!
thanks man... yeah a little wiring but nothing nuts. i used and after market led for the plate the stock one was too big IMHO.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can you please provide a list of the parts you used and where you purchased them? I'd like the same set up.

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Can you please provide a list of the parts you used and where you purchased them? I'd like the same set up.

Many Thanks!
I bought the turn signals from Cycle Gear and a universal plate bracket that a modded to make work. I had all black alens at the house already to finish it off. here is the package with the item ID# this should help. it looks even better in person....

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought the turn signals from Cycle Gear and a universal plate bracket that a modded to make work. I had all black alens at the house already to finish it off. here is the package with the item ID# this should help. it looks even better in person....

Thanks for the quick reply and the info! How did you attach the LED turn signals to the tail section?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the quick reply and the info! How did you attach the LED turn signals to the tail section?
They have 3M adhesive tape on them and as long as you heat the tail section and the blinker with a hair dryer they will never come off unless you want them to. super slick set up. they sell other blinkers that you drill a 1/2" hole through and then bolt but I couldn't do it to my baby.... this way you make a very small hole just large enough to get the wires through. And if you want to go back you could just use one of the small black push pins that they use to hold the body work together so it all would blend in.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Somefun,

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the tail section, what brand ? That is #2 to change for me, have an Akro carbon fiber slip-on on order as my #1 issue.

Thanks...

Rhody...
I made it it wasn't made for the H2.... it was some LED lights I got from Cycle Gear and the plate hold was a universal deal that i made work, came out real nice. Next is the pipe for me also.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I made it it wasn't made for the H2.... it was some LED lights I got from Cycle Gear and the plate hold was a universal deal that i made work, came out real nice. Next is the pipe for me also.
Thanks Somefun,

I am going to stop at Cycle Gear if they have what I need in stock, hope you get your Akro pipe soon, I am told May from my dealer who has contacted them. Did you use the stock lic plate holder from the bike ? How did you mount it ? Underside picture would be nice...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Somefun,

I am going to stop at Cycle Gear if they have what I need in stock, hope you get your Akro pipe soon, I am told May from my dealer who has contacted them. Did you use the stock lic plate holder from the bike ? How did you mount it ? Underside picture would be nice...
I only used the part that bolted to the rear fender that actully holds the plate. Then I bought a universal holder from cycle gear and used parts from it and I had a bunch of black alen bolts to bolt it up.....I'll try n get you some pics as soon as I can brother...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts