Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2016 H2 and purchased the Pit-Bull trailer mount. Got it all installed this past weekend and the bike shakes back and forth on the axel pin mounts a lot more than I would expect. This is the first time I've owned or used this type of trailer mount. Wanted to go strapless to save on grips and fairings. I sent a video to a buddy of mine who has multiple track bikes and uses the Pit-Bull mount religiously for years. He agreed that it was more shake that he had ever experienced. I sent the video to tech support at Pit-Bull but just wanted to see if any of you guys have had any experience like this. Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Either post or PM me the video so I can take a look. I've used the Pit Bull TRS on my H2, Ninja 250, Triumph 675s, and MV Agusta without issues. There is definitely some wobble especially due to the handlebars being free but I never thought it was anything concerning, so I'm curious what your setup looks like.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have the 2016 H2 and purchased the Pit-Bull trailer mount. Got it all installed this past weekend and the bike shakes back and forth on the axel pin mounts a lot more than I would expect.
Yep I ran into the same problem when when I added the PitBull trailer restraints to my Kendon trailer. As you can see in this photo, that's all I'm using and no tie-down straps. I started to notice the PitBull pins starting to bend, showing a LOT of movement and strain being put on the trailer restraint. So then on the next trip to the track (taking 2 bikes) I used a super heavy-duty velcro loop-strap around the front wheel & wheel chock for my Yamaha, I only had 1 of these straps so I used a ratchet tiedown on the H2's front wheel. When I got to the track the heavy velcro strap was shredded/torn, showing how much bounce/movement the front wheel was doing. Since then I use ratchet tiedowns to keep the front wheel secure.

Here's the deal; racers that haul their bikes in huge toy haulers and use the PitBull trailer restraint only (on wheel chocks or tiedowns) are ok because of the long wheel base & steady rider of the large trailer. Small flatbed trailers like mine bounce on the rode. There's the difference.

PS: like my trailer plate? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts