Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using one on their H2?

And if yes any recommendations on what to use.

Just something I'm looking into possibly getting

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not on the H2, yet

I do however have a JMT lithium Ion on my zxr750 track bike, 2kg weight saving

There is an argument as to whether you have to use a lithium ion charger, some don't and use a standard one, personally I use the proper one

Had no problems with it, turns the bike over quickly

You just have to make sure you don't let them discharge, mine has a little 3 light indicator on to see its charge state

Rob

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I put in the biggest Shorai battery that will fit in the stock battery box.

These bikes appear to have more parasitic drain when switched off than most. I have to connect mine to a charger (an old cheap "dumb" charger - and keep an eye on it with a plain ordinary multimeter) for a few minutes every couple of weeks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have the Aliant X2P. Not Li-Ion but Li-FePO4. Way lighter and smaller than stock. I keep it manteined with a proper charger.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the luck that I already have a Lithium charger. Not one you can keep connected all the time like my optimate. As from what I understand you should not keep them connected for a long time. Only needs to be connected for a hour a month.

I only had a cheaper non name battery on my Blade so why i'm looking for something better for the H2

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lithium Battery

I have had a Shorai on my H2R for almost 2 years. Never a problem even when I rode it on the street. I put the Shorai charger on the other day and it was at a full charge. Other than that couple of minutes, it has never been on the charger.

·
Registered
891 Posts
yep, first thing I did was drop this in

Reactions: remal

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have the Shorai. Works perfectly, and really spins up the starter. You will want the
Shorai LFX19A4-BS12. Ducati of Omaha had the best price on it when I got it. Amazon has it for $156 shipped Prime.

When you install it your H2 stock terminals will be too small for it. they have two lips that bend down and make contact with the stock battery terminal. Just put a pliers on the corner of it, bend one tab up and it fits perfect.

NOLA

·
Registered
427 Posts
Question for the guys with the Shorai Li battery. Shorai LFX19A4-BS12

How did you get the battery to fit, since the stock connector claw is smaller than the metal plate on the Shorai battery.

Did you flip the stock connector or just straighten the metal claw.

Thx

·
Registered
206 Posts

How did you get the battery to fit, since the stock connector claw is smaller than the metal plate on the Shorai battery.

Thx
I just straightened the claw thing to make it fit.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Thx

Skipped post number 9 on THIS thread, did ya ?
Well at least you didnt start a brand new thread to ask...lol :)

NOLA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts