Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find the best way to temporarily (on & off frequently) mount an iPhone 6 for Bluetooth navigation purposes. Is there a mount that will work on the clip-ons or another way - Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have ram mount I used on my ZX14 and now mainly on the C14. I think it holds a phone more securely than one of their X holders and is on amazon for ~$20. The 1" ball stem mount worked well on the ZX14 as well with a 4"aluminum extension arm.
RAM-HOL-UN4U Universal Finger-Grip Phone or Radio Holder

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Please bear w/ me, never tried to mount a phone to a sport bike before. W/ the RAM stem mount, the steering damper doesn't get in the way?

@ The Crow - That looks slick, nice & out of the way without seeing the mount. With the tech mount on the fork tube under the triple tree like you have- is that the same unit that I see online that usually mounts to the very top of the fork tube above the triple tree and you mounted it under the triple tree because the top of the fork tube on the H2 isn't round? If so do you know what size/mm, I see they have a few sizes?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to TechMount. Some fork tube mounts fit on top but that won't work w/ the H2 because the top of fork tube isn't round. The 4-70050X is the part that is "split-mount" which is necessary to mount under triple tree. Assume this is what you have The Crow?

EuroMount systems mount onto the fork tube on many sport bikes. This system is easily installed by sliding the clamp around the fork tube under the top triple clamp and tightening the tension screws. Since each Euro Mount is machined to match the fork tube diameter, once installed it looks as if it's part of the bike. To view complete kits available for this mount please click "RELATED PRODUCTS" below.
TECHMOUNT - Products

·
Registered
331 Posts
Techmount stuff is very refined in comparo to Ram but very pricey. That clamp is $75 alone. Throw in the other bits and you're probably over $150

I bought a Techmount flange that fit the power commander LCD perfectly for $25 then ground the button off the back so I could thread an $8 ram ball on the back and use Ram stuff for the rest. Saved a bundle $$$

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased the TechMount fork tube mount & 2 TechMount phone holders. More expensive but not so bad/H2 is worth it & I really like the idea of having the mount hidden under the triple tree. Also ordered a short extension thinking eventually I could probably use it to mount a GOPro there too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That should work. My Iphone 6 is in a life proof case. It is tricky to get it mounted in just the right spot for clearance. I also wired in a charging cable.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Crow & others that helped me - Thank you.
If the H2 had an OEM phone mount it would probably be something like this. It's the best option that I've seen, very slick, the mount itself is almost completely hidden and without the phone holder attached all that's visible is a small part of the stem & the 17mm ball. It was hard to even get a picture of the mount under the triple tree. Clearance is perfect, w/ my iPhone 6 mounted it swivels under the inside of the windscreen no problem. The mount feels very solid, well built, looking forward to trying it out tonight. I bought 2 holders, TechMount swears by the smaller red one. Before mounting it I put my phone in it & tried to shake the phone loose, I couldn't, it wouldn't budge. You can get the mount online at distributors for $67. Think the holders were around $20 & $40.

Lots of pics :

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice pics ...You're right that looks really clean and out of the way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks proper, might steal your idea for the run about!!

Just remember, now that you've mounted your iPhone you're no longer a real rider...only limp wrist geriatrics need directions...

;);)

·
Registered
126 Posts
could be wrong, but that mount looks like it could get in the way of the display?

ill take a pic of my phone holder tomorrow morning. it mounts to the bar between the left grip and the clutch lever clamp, and the arm gives you full movement so you can choose where it sits.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
could be wrong, but that mount looks like it could get in the way of the display?

ill take a pic of my phone holder tomorrow morning. it mounts to the bar between the left grip and the clutch lever clamp, and the arm gives you full movement so you can choose where it sits.
It doesn't get in the way of the display. The first set of pictures were before adjusting the mount on the ball. Here's what it looks from rider position once I adjusted it. I could adjust/move the stem & 17mm ball even closer to the triple tree so the phone is closer/ further down & away from the display but it's not necessary. My preference is not to see the mount on the bike. When you remove the phone holder all that's there poking up from under the triple tree is the ball.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks proper, might steal your idea for the run about!!

Just remember, now that you've mounted your iPhone you're no longer a real rider...only limp wrist geriatrics need directions...

;);)
LoL! Exactly. Yeah no one needs directions unless every one of your rides consists of stopping into the local Starbucks. That guy had issues. You know how he said the other forum hated some of the posters here & talked smack about so & so? I was curious so couple of days ago went to look at H2 Net & there were a total of 2 posts on the entire forum for the month of August, both by the same poster w/ zero replies so it doesn't look like they're saying much of anything.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From rider perspective - Here's what it looks like adjusted closer to the triple tree a bit while still clearing everything turning the bars from lock to lock. IMHO it sits in the perfect area/position :

·
Registered
587 Posts
I rode with this guy who had so much bull **** mounted to his bike you could see anything. No dash. It was hilarious. Ok here is the list.
Go pro
Gps
Radar
iPhone
All in the dash area. Was on a new 636

1 - 20 of 31 Posts