Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Galfer today to see if they had any wave rotors available for the H2. They said they haven't been able to get their hands on a H2 itself or the OEM rotors of a H2 to do R&D on them to develop rotors for the bike. They said they're sure they could make some for it, they just need to get one to see it. Any of you california H2 owners feel like sending your rotors to Galfer or dropping you bike off to them so they can get started on making some wave rotors for this bike?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Upgrading the braking system on the H2 isn't something I've considered. Stopping from over 200mph at LSR meetings isn't a problem for the H2, why would you need to change the rotors?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the look of wave rotors. I think they really set the bike off, not mention they work too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that's your logic than why even do anything to the H2? Might as well just leave it stock?

Upgrading the braking system on the H2 isn't something I've considered. Stopping from over 200mph at LSR meetings isn't a problem for the H2, why would you need to change the rotors?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If that's your logic than why even do anything to the H2? Might as well just leave it stock?
You misunderstand. My logic is not to do anything to the bike which doesn't have a performance advantage. I do like my bikes to look good and it is possible to satisfy both criteria with certain modifications. I don't do bling but have no problem with those who do.

My H2 is pretty much stock and in this form I set a UK Timing Association and Straightliners class record on it last year. I think 204.6mph in a mile with the standard catalysed exhaust is not bad. The brakes are just fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am trying to get a sample rotor to Paul Lyndall - Lydallbrakes.com as per the Weight Savings thread. Those in his catalog are for cruisers but he would make something styled around the H2. It wouldn't be hard to hint at the Rivermark in the design.
For straight liners, not much advantage; but for cornering the MOI would benefit a lot and black would suit the bike very well. If no one in the States can supply a rotor to Paul, I am going to buy one and send it over. I woulda thought if we can get him the PCD he could make it from that but he wants a sample. Any help appreciated. Soooo... If we get one we could send it to both Lyndall Brakes and Galfer, split the cost between those interested in either maker.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Personally i would be very cautious of using untested combinations of pads and discs, Galfer at least have a history with high speed sportsbikes , but i still think swapping a brembo disc for a galfer a step backwards
And the Lyndall discs do look pretty good on a modded cruiser but i would not want to be testing them in a 200mph emergency stop , do they have any info on braking performance ? or temp range of there materials

You have one of the worlds fastest bikes, brakes is something you dont want to get wrong ,

·
Registered
170 Posts
Agreed, the disks have to be used with matched pads not sintered:
FAQs
Brake Performance

A friend is running similar technology brakes on a Turbo Busa in the Alps over here and swears by them. That's what started me off on this tack.
However if he means you stop 30% better than a Harley ...
But if you don't like'em it's money back - no quibble.

·
Registered
787 Posts
When the standard 330 discs with the standard M50 Brembo's aren't enough your knock knock knocking at heavens door,,, OW OW OW ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts