Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking at taking part in this event later in the year - I suspect I may not be the only H2 there and would not be surprised to see at least one H2R having a go ................

·
Registered
787 Posts
Might take zx12r to officially join 200mph club. Might take H2 if gentleman's agreement broken. Is the 186 mph limit a law thing?

Read an article in Motorcycle monthly this morning that reckons 209mph according to revs, gears.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Might take zx12r to officially join 200mph club. Might take H2 if gentleman's agreement broken. Is the 186 mph limit a law thing?

Read an article in Motorcycle monthly this morning that reckons 209mph according to revs, gears.
The 186 mph limit is just down to an 'agreement' between the manufacturers - bottom line is that, a few years back, there was a concern that, if the manufacturers did not control power and speed, the EU would do it for them !

However there does seem to be a strong opinion that the H2 will top 200mph in stock trim .........

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. That agreement has stood for 15 years, its about time it was unraveled. I see the French are riding in protest of any pre 2000 yr m/c being aloud in cities this Sunday. I normally support rides involving tampering with our rights. Good on the French for not taking it lying down. Ride safe peeps.

If the 186mph is tied into a production bike agreement I wonder if Kawasaki could argue about the LIMITED production status of the H2.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Maybe ;) Probabaly not, my balls aren't brassy enough ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
That sounds like a really fun event to attend. I wonder if any records will actually be broken. Definitely possible with the H2R there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts