Ninja H2 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
MCN says the V4 is faster:

Bruce said. “It accelerates so fast that you can’t feed it gears quickly enough - it just eats one up and instantly demands another. I’ve not ridden a production sportsbike that is so fast to accelerate. "

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/november/new-ducati-panigale-v4-2018-revealed/

times show a different story, but Bruce probably knoes better
That because MCN have a love affair with anything named Ducati:(

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
That because MCN have a love affair with anything named Ducati

Rob

Completely agree Rob, they’re full of shite, no credibility and all sensationalized for the next big launch, very short memories as per the test below...

Last time I looked 204 bhp is more than 198 bhp

IMG_3543.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
MCN says the V4 is faster:

Bruce said. “It accelerates so fast that you can’t feed it gears quickly enough - it just eats one up and instantly demands another. I’ve not ridden a production sportsbike that is so fast to accelerate. "

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/november/new-ducati-panigale-v4-2018-revealed/

times show a different story, but Bruce probably knoes better
Maybe stock for stock, but the factory H2 has its throttle blades close to 32% past 10krpm LOL! Once the h2 is flashed, a V4 isnt even in the league.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
If there are corners involved, I am quite sure a well-ridden Panigale V4 will leave a comparably-ridden H2 behind, owing to less weight and probably more manageable power delivery, and hopefully better suspension.

I did 350 km today of mostly back roads ... and I took my well-sorted high-mileage 2004 ZX10R, which is a sweetheart in those conditions. There's a reason I've put almost 100,000 km on that bike ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have read:

“It accelerates so fast that you can’t feed it gears quickly enough - it just eats one up and instantly demands another. I’ve not ridden a production sportsbike that is so fast to accelerate. "

...and still dont see where "corners" or "curves" or "race track" or "back roads" or "twisty roads" is...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Who cares what you have read LOL! Going by butt acceleration isnt a real world number now is it

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If there are corners involved, I am quite sure a well-ridden Panigale V4 will leave a comparably-ridden H2 behind, owing to less weight and probably more manageable power delivery, and hopefully better suspension.

I did 350 km today of mostly back roads ... and I took my well-sorted high-mileage 2004 ZX10R, which is a sweetheart in those conditions. There's a reason I've put almost 100,000 km on that bike ...
I have a 2005 ZX10R and I have to agree it is a sweetheart for that.
BUT I took the H2 for a 375mile putt yesterday, and 300 of those miles were back road. With my modified throttle, managing the power is almost as easy as the 10. I had a great time on the H2. Yes a bit harder to throw around than the 10, but it became a pure blast to ride. And the seat finally broke in and isn't bad. Finally getting used to it.
Changing the throttle tube made it a new motorcycle. But it needs a radar detector in the worst way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts