Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all -

Finally scored a mildly-used H2 for a good price so here I am.

I've been into Kawasaki triples for over 30 years, so when they announced this bike I had to own one.

Of course, the new H2 is just....insane. But I still love my old one for that smoky two-stroke rush.

Here's a pic of Leno on it at the Rock Store north of LA, back in 2004....

thanks,
- Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
I've been close to getting a 750 H2 a few times and once shouted "yes " in a Bonhams auction on the last bid for a mint 500 H1 as i had my hand up and the auctioneer failed to see me ( Unlike US auctions you only raise your catalogue or bidding number as shouting is not the done thing ) but as the hammer had fallen I missed it .
I do have a Yamaha RD 350 LC ( RZ In the USA ) and a Bimota V Due ( V Two in Italian ) for that feeling only a two- stroke can deliver .

·
Registered
836 Posts
It was my first bike, a long, long time ago :)

http://www.zx11.nl/prequel/pics/machiv.jpg
Ummm I'm not sure that's the best choice for a novice rider but looks like you made it , poor handling rubber hinged frame with mahogany brake pads on a single front disc held up on McDonalds thick shake straws for fork tubes , lovely .
A bike when men were men dressed in a open neck shirt with chest hair so thick it looked like they were shoplifting a coconut doormat ,and a collar so big there was a danger of being either lifted off the bike at over 60 or being beaten into submission by flapping denim .

·
Administrator
396 Posts
I've been close to getting a 750 H2 a few times and once shouted "yes " in a Bonhams auction on the last bid for a mint 500 H1 as i had my hand up and the auctioneer failed to see me ( Unlike US auctions you only raise your catalogue or bidding number as shouting is not the done thing ) but as the hammer had fallen I missed it .
I do have a Yamaha RD 350 LC ( RZ In the USA ) and a Bimota V Due ( V Two in Italian ) for that feeling only a two- stroke can deliver .
Sorry for the off topic, but can we see the 2 - 2smokes?

·
Registered
836 Posts
[/

Sorry I still can't work out picture posting but have managed to post some in my gallery .
My V Due is on YouTube with the title "Bimota V Due 500 . Fitted with after market exhausts " . My YouTube name is Runesika so if you type that in I'm sure you will find it .
I have videos of my Bimota v due , pre war Triumph , CBX Turbo , Honda Rune and the H2 but not my 350 LC , oh and my lovely Deerhound and my freaky kitten ( now a cat ) with thumbs and waaaaaay too many toes .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ummm I'm not sure that's the best choice for a novice rider but looks like you made it , poor handling rubber hinged frame with mahogany brake pads on a single front disc held up on McDonalds thick shake straws for fork tubes , lovely .
A bike when men were men dressed in a open neck shirt with chest hair so thick it looked like they were shoplifting a coconut doormat ,and a collar so big there was a danger of being either lifted off the bike at over 60 or being beaten into submission by flapping denim .

OK you just described me and the bike to a T.... :D

·
Administrator
396 Posts
Sorry I still can't work out picture posting but have managed to post some in my gallery .
My V Due is on YouTube with the title "Bimota V Due 500 . Fitted with after market exhausts " . My YouTube name is Runesika so if you type that in I'm sure you will find it .
I have videos of my Bimota v due , pre war Triumph , CBX Turbo , Honda Rune and the H2 but not my 350 LC , oh and my lovely Deerhound and my freaky kitten ( now a cat ) with thumbs and waaaaaay too many toes .
Very nice. Like your exhaust on the Due.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Very nice. Like your exhaust on the Due.
Thank you , even if I say so myself I think exhausts don't come much sexier than that .
They are from the trophy race bikes and the standard mild steel pipes have also been changed for thin gauged stainless steel expansion chambers that were half the weight of the originals .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts