Ninja H2 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I had the evotech tail tidy fitted to my bike before I took delivery because the standard part ruins the look of the bike imo, problem now is, I like the look of the stock indicators/turn signals but they are too big. Anyone swap these? I would like something I can just plug in if possible, don't want to cut any wiring. Tia

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
My front turn signals are left and right lights (rewired of course) surrounding the head light and I have two small light strips on the tail section, nice and tidy, and a tail tidy to boot.

Obviously, I removed the front mirrors, added block off plates and bar end mirrors.

Rhody...

·
Registered
277 Posts
My front turn signals are left and right lights (rewired of course) surrounding the head light and I have two small light strips on the tail section, nice and tidy, and a tail tidy to boot.

Obviously, I removed the front mirrors, added block off plates and bar end mirrors.

Rhody...
Could you post a video of that? I have LED strips at the front but was considering doing what you did and replacing the bulbs with amber LEDs. Would love to see the result.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Rhody, looks really good! I was actually most interested in a photo/video of the front turn signals going, if you have one. My concern is that their visibility could be washed out by the headlight. If they aren't, it's something I'd like to do as well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rhody, looks really good! I was actually most interested in a photo/video of the front turn signals going, if you have one. My concern is that their visibility could be washed out by the headlight. If they aren't, it's something I'd like to do as well.
High beam both on...
Screenshot by Lightshot

both off...
Screenshot by Lightshot

Plenty bright enough, IMHO.
You cannot easily change the LED color, they are sealed.

Rhody...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can't mange that setup in Australia because they regulate how far apart the turn signals must be for visibility. But very nice setup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
very nice

Knolly,

Here is a side view, if you zoom in on the tail you can see the strips, they glow orange, this is after the transformation:

After transformation...

Here is a rear view:

tail after transformation...

The front running lights we couldn't find amber or orange bulbs so they are stock white

This is how the H2 looked when new before the transformation: butt ugly... lol

bone stock, no mods...

Rhody...
Greetings from Germany

very nice foiling. can you give me a link to buy them?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Greetings from Germany

very nice foiling. can you give me a link to buy them?

Tom,

I will check with my friend who owns the shop who ordered them and get back to you.

BTW... he made the front white running lights under the headlight into turn signals, instead of the stupid mirror ones. I will post a picture later.

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Tom,

The were bought from here:

Motorcycle and Auto Flexible AQrray LED Light Bars for DRLs, Brake Lights, and Turn Signals

The ones on the H2 are 2.1 inches long and have a smoked lens.

Best advice, give them a call or email them.

The LED's inside the front running lights (turned into turn signals) are not removable, I wanted to get orange or red ones but that is not an option. Let me know if you find a creative solution to this. Will post a picture later.

Rhody...

·
Registered
5 Posts
In Germany we have many laws and much police. The turn signals are not allowed here. I need for an e-mark. For me, unfortunately, is only the foiling interesting.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Has anyone tried to turn the rear, red running lights into turn signals? So that they stay on as usual but one side blinks when turning? Think it's possible so giving that some thought. Then can remove the holes in the tail tidy used for turn signals. Think it would look slick, the cleanest solution, if I go any route other than stock that would be it. The only reason I haven't is I hesitate when it comes to safety, the oems do a good job but.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts