Ninja H2 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm not particularly interested in permanently modding a $3,500 part for a paltry 15HP (estimated) more.

If it was 50HP I would bite and then go back to the stock Supercharger Gears that don't have issues.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^One is a drop in option that will net probably 10+hp. That requires no modification. The other is a much bigger wheel, with a ported stock housing. No numbers yet, so you cant say only 15hp estimated;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This one is pretty touchy and I'd think people would wanna wait a bit till the new wheels were actually tested on a mockup or bench tested before buying them. Something spinning at 130,000 rpm BETTER have perfect balance. Maybe wait till Bear releases testing data before buying is my own thoughts.

NOLA

·
Registered
867 Posts
^One is a drop in option that will net probably 10+hp. That requires no modification. The other is a much bigger wheel, with a ported stock housing. No numbers yet, so you cant say only 15hp estimated;)
I wound up getting 16HP with the top gear and custom tune. Great way to go and no need for an intercooler.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wound up getting 16HP with the top gear and custom tune. Great way to go and no need for an intercooler.
Is it a power commander tune? are u willing to share the mapping? i too am running a top gear w/o intercooler. but the flash that was sent had some timing issues and the bike will pull out power at 10k rpm.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm not particularly interested in permanently modding a $3,500 part for a paltry 15HP (estimated) more.

If it was 50HP I would bite and then go back to the stock Supercharger Gears that don't have issues.
I am thinking of re-gearing my SC (when I get it) because I live at altitude and that would help compensate.
What issues with the SC gears?

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
There are multiple reports of the center bolt that secures one of the supercharger drive sprockets, coming loose in behind the clutch basket. If this ever happens using the stock drive sprockets, I've not heard of it. I'm also led to believe that the manufacturer of the aftermarket sprockets has tightened up the fit on the splines.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I am REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY telling you to think twice about doing the SC wheel upgrade. Trust me on this one.

130,000 rpm. Built by someone that isnt a major motorcycle manufacturer, whomever they may be. See where I am going with this.

13,500 rpm pistons...introducing tiny shards of metal....

NOLA

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I'm skeptical, too. I'd be less skeptical if the entire kit including the drive mechanism bore the name Garrett, or BorgWarner, or Mitsubishi, or some other reputable manufacturer of turbomachinery. Critical issues: Balancing, structural adequacy of both the turbocompressor itself and the drive mechanism (driving a bigger compressor puts more load on the gears that operate it - and those are expensive!), matching the performance map of the compressor to the application including part-load and shut-throttle conditions, AND how to tune the whole deal including how much to back off the ignition timing and how to manage thermal loading on the pistons and exhaust valves.

I am quite okay with just having reflashed mine, and opting not to participate in the dyno wars and the top-speed wars ... It has more power than I can use, and I can't afford to fix this bike if I break it ...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Even before we get to the heavy duty stuff....Has this compressor wheel been rated for the speed we spin it up to ?? Or is this someone finding a vendor that sells parts and meets the application for the housing we have and then selling it without knowing its rated speed with a failure speed.

NOLA

·
Registered
867 Posts
Is it a power commander tune? are u willing to share the mapping? i too am running a top gear w/o intercooler. but the flash that was sent had some timing issues and the bike will pull out power at 10k rpm.
My H2 was the first H to be de restricted by Don Guhal. She ran strong but I wanted to make sure she was perfect. It turned out that she was lean and so I added the PVC and the top gear with a custom tune and she picked up like sixteen HP. Love it,,>:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts