Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to steer anyone wrong here, I love this bike but Im courius to see if any of you have some of the little complaints I have . Yesterday I took it out for a 50 mile rip than came back and took my 14 out , and finished the evening out riding the kx450f with my son . I swear that 450 had a more comfortable seat! The 14's like a Lincoln , again not bitchin , figured it wasn't going to be a long ride type of bike . The touchy throttle ..... I'll deal with it ( just courius if it will get worse after Brock's , Guhl , and the pc5)
The main one is finding neutral ...... I believe Kawasaki should have gave us a Japanese person with the bike just for finding neutral! Out of any bike I've owned and a garage full , this thing is by far the hardest to find neutral , but hopefully with more miles and time on it , it will get better.
And the little ones , why didn't they just throw a few more LED's in the rear tail light to make it a all in one rear light and turn signal integrated setup , and not a huge fan of the display , at night it might be cooler but with the sun out , it's a little hard the read everything easy. I guess I'm just used to the 14's with the speedo and rpm with needles with a gas gauge !!!
Anyway , I still just dig the bike and enjoy owning it , the only regret I have is that I should've just bought the h2r instead ! Mainly because I prob won't stack on a lot of miles on it anyway plus after the aftermarket stuff will bring the cost just under 30k into it . But in my eyes the bike is priceless !

Reactions: Jeffro

·
Banned
546 Posts
I think Ninjaplease is really OKH2, Garth and a plant from Kawasaki shill trolling to try and make us hate the H2. Burn him at the stake!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the switch for the turn signals is too high. I tried loosening the bolts to rotate the button cluster, but it looks like it's pretty well locked in place.

·
Registered
210 Posts
im not having a problem with neutral
throttle a little loose i think the touchieness is just the nature of this bike
i also think the turn switch is to high and doesnt give a good detent to let you know its engaged
but i can live with these little things to have the amazing :)

Reactions: Jeffro

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To H2R , I'm not either of them guys nor trying to get anyone to hate these bikes ! It's one of my favorite ones I've had or have . But I figured you'd be chiming in anyhow ........ Besides that I haven't tried the turn signals because I live out in the sticks and the first thing ta go was the rear signals and fender , and next is the huge suitcase as a muffler !

·
Registered
574 Posts
I made my points earlier about my complaints, but I'll address them in a bit more detail now. My biggest gripe is finding neutral. I agree with some of the posts that it seems easiest to do while you are slowing down. At 5 - 10 mph it seems to go in fairly easy from second. Didn't the original 500 triple have neutral at the bottom and 5 gears up? I still bitch about the seat, just plain torture, makes my Ducati look like a rocking chair. I haven't tried adjusting the side bolsters, but I doubt that will help any. They should have put some kind of scratch guard on the tank. My Ducati has it and while not totally stylish, it prevents scratches. As it is I already have a series of 1 inch scratches across the back of the tank. The handlebar angles are not very comfortable to me at speeds under 65, a bit of adjustment sure would have been nice. It would have been even better if they had left enough room for some taller handlebars on the bike, with such an abbreviated fairing, this would not have been hard to style in. The gauge package is just a pain in the butt. I realize they are trying to give it a 95% high performance look, but simple things such as a gas gauge and a temp gauge would have been nice, rather than having to scroll through the displays. I would have liked to have seen a real boost gauge rather than the 1 through 4 indicators. On my turbo race bikes I like having the boost and air fuel gauges, so these are more wish items. The throttle does have some slop in it. When I picked up the bike the Kawasaki rep said he could adjust that out if I needed to, but I left it as was for now. There is just so much response anyway, that I did not think I needed an even quicker throttle as I was learning the bike and breaking it in. Maybe Kawasaki will incorporate some of our gripes in the 2016 model.

For the people (and the one idiot) who didn't buy the bike, just go ahead and make your uninformed comments on how we got ripped of and mislead and a 101 reasons why not to buy the bike. Heck, I already have 25,000 reasons not to buy the bike, but I did and I am going to enjoy it. Realize what I posted above is my opinion and minor gripes, not an indication of any kind of design flaws. If you did not buy the bike and you have not ridden one a few times and put a few hundred miles on it, then your opinion about anything other than styling is pretty much worthless.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well indicator switch is too high agreed,snatchy throttle is better with engine breaking selected to off, Paint is a pain in the ass and not happy with the way it marks so easy.Headlight not quite up to it in a sunny day as far as standing out to cars etc,this was commented on by my wife who also rides and was in front looking back in her mirrors.angle on front brake lever also just not the best for me.These are all small things and I will sort them out one by one .I love the bike but the paint is my biggest concern.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Switch gear for indicators is wrong,,,,easy fix.

The throttle play is easily taken up, adjusted it twice now ! No harm in re mentioning this as it does spoil first ride out impressions.

Next ride out I will adjusting the engine braking.

Instruments are a bit of a chocolate fire guard, Fuel gauge not necessary, throw the cat another goldfish. Rev counter is a big shift light (fantastic) and useless in equal measures.

I feel K have missed a trick here ,,,, lots of dials ( even dials within dials, Boost temp behind moving boost level )

Foot pegs and Handlebars one size fits all ,,what a shame. Though that bmw peg that drops it an inch looks about right.

All these little faults, times ten, I would not swap for the trademark angry mechanical mashing sound it makes when it gets going. So more than a fair trade off in my book.

As for the rest of it,,,,

The closest thing to heaven, My eyes adore you, Lets hang on....Did Frankie Valli have a H2 and a hot tub time machine ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Agree with others: 1) seat is really uncomfortable! 2) neutral a challenge 3) gauges to dim to see except in bright direct light 4) almost don't want to ride it for fear of scratching tank. But do I like the bike , Oh absolutely!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My tank squeals after riding. As if the cap isn't venting correctly. Maybe fuel is getting too hot and the pressure is building from the additional heat from soak back of the supercharger. Will speak to dealer about it this week.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Throttle is a very quick quarter turn item.

With so very little travel, taking up the cable slack makes a big difference.

Remember to take up slack in the return cable after doing the pull cable.

Seats on most sport bikes tend to be very firm , usually to make it

easier to slide side to side to hang off, or whatever.

Easiest solution, especially for longer rides, is to wear padded bicycle shorts.

Most leathers already padded , but this helps.

Helps even more so if wearing just Levis.

Neutral becomes easier to find when bike has a few miles on it, and

your shifter foot gets a feel for it.

For quick shifting, the pedal already has a short stroke and neutral is half of that.

Just checked mine, and by eyeball the shift motion is just a bit over 1/2 inch.

Neutral from 1st or 2nd , therefore is only about 1/4 inch , or so.

Pegs can be lowered and even 1 inch makes a big difference in feel.

The one, below, was one I made for a 2010 BMW S 1000 RR I used to have.

It fit right on to the H 2.

Camera angle makes brake pedal appeared angled more downward than it really is.

Aftermarket rearsets may be available, eventually, but they usually tend to make pegs go

higher and rearward.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Instruments have 3 settings to adjust brighter.

I have mine on # 3.

Seat Adjustment comes set in its rearward position.

The language in the owners manual is a bit confusing in that it

states the seat comes from the factory in the forward position.

This refers to the forward hole on the seat bracket, which when used,

has the seat back in the rear most position.

Tools under the seat.

There is an allen wrench under the removable tail door.

Major PITA to get out unless you trim 1/8 inch from the allen tip,

since it overlaps the bracket by that much. You'll see when accessed.

Under the tool kit, which is under the seat, is the spanner to adjust

the eccentric spindle for rear wheel / chain adjustment.

I would have thought they would have just put it in the tool bag.

Too large ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
When doing a cold start, does the engine stall for the first few tries?

I was told by the mechanic at the dealer that it's normal.

This morning when I started it up, it stalled twice before eventually running.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When doing a cold start, does the engine stall for the first few tries?

I was told by the mechanic at the dealer that it's normal.

This morning when I started it up, it stalled twice before eventually running.

i was running down the hwy today when the fuel warning came on ran another 5 miles or so at normal hwy speed til i got to the shell i filled it with the 91 v boost fuel this was my first fill when i went to fire it stumbled and quit tryed again same thing tryed again and gave it a bit of throttle fired right up i must also add that when i first turned it on after fueling the fan came on
b4 trying to fire it up if it needs to cool down should the fan not run by default?

·
Registered
210 Posts
then i read in the manual DONT USE FUEL WITH ADDED OXIDIZERS

·
Registered
8 Posts
These bikes have neutral???

A larger diameter wheel on the fly by wire mechanism would smooth out the throttle, or even an oval-shaped wheel (set in the proper position)

wish the numbers on the tac just stayed lit.

buddy says the rear signals bounce all over the place when he's behind me. buddy also said that the lighting (from behind) is barely visible.

it feels great to sit on concrete after getting off the bike.

cluster could display more data instead of having to scroll through single fields.

same problem with the paint, but I corrected that after 18 hours of owning it, and had it all wrapped with xpel ultimate- including windshield and headlight. - i'll let you know in a few years if it was worth it.

... and I do feel just "slightly" deceived by Kawasaki with this second ordering period they opened up. -I am pissed enough to tell the story before endorsing their product. I think H2R made a couple valid points about what I also perceive as deception on Kawasaki's part.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts