Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this as well on another forum but wanted to get everyone's input here:

I have been going back and forth in my head on the H2 and the Yamaha R1M. Has anyone else thought about this as well and would you have changed your mind after looking at both? The R1M seems to have very close performance and is lighter and about 7K dollars less then the H2.

Am I missing something that I need to consider?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was in your shoes in 2015. What changed my mind was when I rode them both. I rode the R1M first and was considering it. I really liked how light and nimble it was, the suspension was perfect and I loved the instrument cluster. Probably the best mid-range power in the naturally inspired liter class. There is so much to like about the R1M but the H2 is in a league of its own. Thinking back, I cant believe I was even comparing these two bikes as if they were in the same class. Boy was I wrong...If you are comparing specs then stop it because the H2's acceleration is impossible to describe verbally, it has to be experienced physically otherwise you are being mislead. What made me chose the H2 over the R1M you ask? Well the looks, the uniqueness, the power, and the fact that I have never experienced an adrenaline rush like I had when I first twisted that throttle on the H2.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Posted this as well on another forum but wanted to get everyone's input here:

I have been going back and forth in my head on the H2 and the Yamaha R1M. Has anyone else thought about this as well and would you have changed your mind after looking at both? The R1M seems to have very close performance and is lighter and about 7K dollars less then the H2.

Am I missing something that I need to consider?
Yep, the feeling you get riding both, one feels great like a very well sorted track machine, the other feels like a ballistic missile.

The R1M is a bike I've thought of buying. Love the look especially the black engine & graphics on the new 2017. Doesn't compare in looks or craftsmanship to the H2 though. The R1M is a Really nice ride & love that cross plane crank sound/ As far as performance being close, well on a circuit track you should be quicker on the lighter R1M but in terms of straight line speed & the feel of acceleration the H2 is in a whole nother league. It's not just faster it is it's HOW & WHERE it make its power, stock it's making max hp at only 10,800 rpm! But that's because it's more factory restricted than any other bike.... It's also how quickly you feel that super charger hit even in the lower rpms..

Also don't go by power ratings. No way does the H2 male 200 hp at the crank. Many H2's make 197 or higher at the rear wheel without the added benefit of ram air. Using 12% drive line loss it's probably around 220 bhp/at the engine. And with the H2 it's really what happens after the reflash, other liter bikes you might pick up 10 or 15 rwhp. You see more than triple that w/ the H2. No bolt on R1M would come anywhere near close to a properly sorted bolt on H2.

But forgetting the flash stock for stock read this R1 vs the H2, takes an H2 half the time that it does an R1 from standing start to 184mph. The H2 is faster than a Cheetah on Cocaine!

'We’re like sugar-doped kids at the fuel stop, gabbling at each other at a million miles an hour. “That Kwak’s an absolute missile,” says a peaking Mercer, unable to stand still as he forces the words through his grin. The R1 and Busa are quick, each hitting their speed limiter with plenty in reserve, but the H2 gets there much faster. From a standing start the H2 will reach its terminal speed almost half-a-mile before the Hayabusa, and cuts the Yamaha’s 0-terminal figures in half. The H2 will reach 184mph from a standing start in just 900 metres. That’s extraordinary. At over 100mph it takes just a fraction over a second to add each 10mph until it hits the limiter; half the time the Hayabusa needs to reach a near-identical top speed. The R1 is surprisingly close to both up to 150mph, and loses nothing to the others in stability on Germany’s super-smooth autobahn, but can’t compete during that last 30mph."

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Yamaha is very nice but at the end of the day it's a dedicated track bike, the H2 is not. Its (the R1) more or less like all the other supersport bikes out there, including the ZX10. To me they look similar, they perform similar and from a distance not much seperates them except perhaps colour and a bit of styling.

The H2 however.....It's a mean >:D street machine, its more comfortable, insane looks cannot be confused with anything else and a dedicated street bike, and as been said in a league of its own. The big difference isn't really the power, it's the TORQUE! Combining that power with huge torque that it has is what sets it apart! Also look at a H2, there is not ONE part on it that's cheap. Look at any other bike including the R1M and you will see bits and pieces cheaply made because it is a compromise, the H2 is not, it's meticulously put together by craftsmen.....Also The concept of supercharging is so radical and cool. It's soooo different! The R1 is just another high performance track bike. I considered waiting for the Ultimate 2017 Suzuki GSXR 1000R, but bought the H2 instead. And so happy that I did. The Gixxer at the end of the day is another R1....and I looooove Suzuki's, but made a better choice.
There really isn't anything out there that you can compare it to...now that's a good enough reason to buy it.
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I wanted something exclusive and felt the H2 was that bike. The R1 looks and sounds lovely. But not many will notice the difference from the standard bike to the R1M

Really the only other bike I was looking at due to exclusivity was the Arial Ace. But felt for the extra 5K (£5000) it was lovely but I wanted faired and I am a speed junky

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
502 Posts
H2 is a piece of motorcycling history
R1 is a generic sports bike

H2 fires your soul

To be honest, all modern sports bikes are fantastic pieces of equipment and is generally down to personal choice when buying

The H2 not only stands out from the crowd but generally draws the crowd

Rob

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The answer depends on what sort of riding you do.

Straight from the crate the Yamaha is a better track bike with lighter handling and is easier to ride fast through a series of twisties.

Straight from the crate the H2 is a missile. Modded it can be a good track bike too. Neither bike is for a novice.

I use mine for LSR and only occasionally ride it on the roads, I chose the H2.

I was out of LSR for a couple of years in 2008 because of a badly smashed shoulder, just road riding. I bought a Fireblade and an Aprilia RSV4 Factory, both excellent bikes. When my shoulder was fixed and I was back on track it was a no-brainer - a ZX14R, a Hayabusa and in 2015 an H2 - all with mod's for LSR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts