Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.

I'm the proud new owner of a 2016 H2, safely standing in....my dealer's shop.
As you maybe know it, we can't take our bikes out until the stupid 100cv limitation law is canceled. It was supposed to be in January but we are faster to go on strike than to act political promises.

You guys are like one year in the future for us (2016 is the first release year for this beauty in France) and I can't wait to find tips and tricks to have an even bigger smile thanks to this new toy.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome and good to hear they are removing the 100cv limit.

I've only done 200 miles on mine but to say it's a stunning bike to look at and ride

Why the power limit change in france? and can you not remove the limit once out of the shop?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
But a vote in the EU parliament last year opposed the French 100bhp limit, which was introduced in 1985, so the French government is breaking European law by delaying any change.

Take them to the European Court Of Justice which is tasked with interpreting EU law and ensuring its equal application across all member states.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Officialy, the law is now allowing motorbikes to be free of any power BUT some signatures are still missing.

The other problem is that a retrofit is allowed for ABS bikes only...which means an impossible control for Police or else. Many bikes are already free of limitations (don't look at me this way) but the new ones are not officialy allowed to be sold. Many bikes shops are full of already sold models that cannot leave exposition rooms.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I remember when I met a GB guy overseas and we started speaking about bikes and he was astonished to hear that in the USA we didn't have the graduated system that you have to go thru to get to a 1000cc bike. I know GB laws require so many years on a 100cc then 250cc, and several years until you can get a license to ride a 1000cc bike. He actually didn't believe me at first that in the USA you can walk into any dealership and, with no special licensing required, ride away on a 1000cc bike.

Gotta love it :)

NOLA

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not quite correct. In uk if you are over 25 you can take a direct access course which allows you to ride anything you can insure

·
Registered
219 Posts
Salut.
Désolé pour le retard à l'allumage...Je suis en Rhône Alpes, et toi?
salut , suis du VAR :) tu as eu quoi avant comme brêle
elle est si fantastique que ça en moteur cette chienne de H2 ??? lol
toujours pas eu l'occasion d'en rouler une, je suis curieuxxxxx :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'll find out exactly when direct access came in but it has been this way for many years, maybe the guy you spoke to was under 25?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
No he was an older guy….This conversation was a good while back, just reading this made me recall it.

NOLA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back on tracks.

I just received the H2 3 weeks ago, just before having a couple of weeks of holiday...in Mexico. I found time to ride it a small 600km and I must admit the bike is awesome. Until now and as I'm (hardly) trying to respect the breaking engine rules, I've pushed it twice at 6000 rpm and the catapult effect is impressive. I can't wait the next 200 km to be able to rush to 8000 rpm.
As I'm the lucky owner of some more motorbikes, I've made a little comparison with the latest I've bought and I must admit the H2 has no "lookalikes". This bike is a mix of a Vmax (the Katapult effect), 1290 Super Duke (torque), R1M (precision in curves), Ducati Diavel (your eyes are popping and hitting the windshield when you brake) and some fancy glittering alien space shuttle (vacuuming other people's attention).
The only minus I can find are the response of the throttle that is sometimes a little sensitive on low rpm and...the daily cleaning of the fairings (ok, this bike is a princess fearing dust).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts