Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://m.kawasaki.com/Product/details/2018-Ninja-H2SX-SE

Am on mobile so PC link may differ.

A bit steep at 22,000 SX SE and 19,000 SX, but I'm not surprised.

2020/2021 left over/lightly used ones will fall in my price range. (15-16k) This bike won't sell for **** here. (Like all sport tourers.) 'Bike of the year' and competition to this bike is a Super Duke GT and dealers can't give away the 2016's. So little so that they barely brought in any 17s and probably close to none of the 18s will be brought in. ...and the SX SE is +$2000 on top, and the SDGT has more toys.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think it may sell well, big power, smooth as glass, cruise control, I already want one. It just may replace my Concours14. The only drawback I see so far is the lack of adjustable windscreen.
What does bother me is I have a 2018 H2 on order and this thing is going to have a better display, that just sucks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Agree Ted, display on H2, given the price is sh#t, IMO the display & electronics were pretty much out of date when it was launched! I guess that’s progress for you.... The rest of the bike will keep you happy, at least you get an IMU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
My current bike is currently in the shop awaiting a ‘buy back’ from BMWNA for a multitude of issues.

So, I’m giving the SX SE a serious look. Is there anywhere to find a maintenance schedule? How often does a Supercharger need service?

Given people’s experience here, are H2’s reasonably dependable?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
277 Posts
My current bike is currently in the shop awaiting a ‘buy back’ from BMWNA for a multitude of issues.

So, I’m giving the SX SE a serious look. Is there anywhere to find a maintenance schedule? How often does a Supercharger need service?

Given people’s experience here, are H2’s reasonably dependable?

Thanks for any info!
In stock form they're tremendously dependable. Even when tuned they're dependable, in general people only have problems when they're pushing the limits quite a bit.

I haven't seen the SX's manual out yet, but assuming the maintenance schedule is the same as the H2, the supercharger introduces SOME new maintenance, but not a lot. At first service, and then every 7600 miles it needs to be inspected for axial play and a small filter that has to be replaced ever 15000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts