Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, soon to be new H2 owner here.

I was wondering if anybody can tell me what kind of numbers I can expect from this system with a proper dyno tune. Also, is it possible to get more power out of the bike with the stock exhaust with just a dyno tune?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi, soon to be new H2 owner here.

I was wondering if anybody can tell me what kind of numbers I can expect from this system with a proper dyno tune. Also, is it possible to get more power out of the bike with the stock exhaust with just a dyno tune?

Thanks in advance.
ECU flash will give you all the power you need even with stock exhaust. Akra full without flash won't make a lot of a difference.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
5 or 10bhp more to be had with the Akrapovic full system, a reflash is needed as already mentioned.

The other advantage is around 15kg less weight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. Can someone tell me how much hp I can make dynotuning with the stock exhaust? I tried with a 16+ ZX10Ronce and made zero progress in terms of hp.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You should dyno it stock first.Then again after modding.No way to guess factory values.Only what they state,which is a bit different for each bike.As Bob said...5+ hp gain with exhaust mods.Add a freer flowing air filter.Flash and map.Could gain quite a bit more than 198(or thereabout) HP.

·
Registered
104 Posts
with the flash you win 40rwhp, with the full system 5-10rwhp... the bike is massively restricted, closing electronic butterfles at 10.000rpm, the flash will get them opened up to 14k without issue.
That is no less tan 4000 rpms more to play with.

Exhaust is good for noise

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, that’s great if I can gain some power with a dyno tune and stock exhaust since as much as I love loud pipes, my situation makes it a bit difficult for them. Or try the Akra out after all since it seems the most quite full system.

Thanks again for all the advice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Exhaust is'nt wasted cash but they are crazy expensive for the little gain you will get. Dyno and de restrict. Air filter and super charger gear swap way better direction to go.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I agree with all that's been said about reflashing the stock bike and that was my initial approach.

However things changed last year when Kawasaki UK had an offer on the Akrapovic race system for £1,500 instead of the usual £2,500 or so. I bought one and it looks great without the ugly catalyst box under the bike, the titanium has turned a beautiful shade of purple, the weight saving is noticeable, the extra few bhp is very welcome and it still gets through the noise measurement checks at Straightliners meetings. With the baffle fitted it's even quieter and wouldn't offend your granny. A win-win in my book.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am sorry in advance if i offend anyone or hurt theyre feelings. But the akra is just not for some people. I think it masks the rear wheel too much and isnt attractive. Although it is good value at 1500 especially the manifold/system part but the end can is rotten

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I went with a zx10 midpipe,removed the sound canister,and fitted the shorty Akra muffler(CT).It isn't offensive.It also has a baffle that can be removed.She'll bark when opened up.But mild sounding when at low RPMs.I did have to cut the canister off however.And weld the midpipe onto the header pipe.Can't tell it's not factory actually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts