Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks good, I like the way it exposes the wheel and should sound nice without being to loud.

Nicely done.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How loud do you reckon in DB ? An audio/video clip would be nice.

Nice custom mount and custom pipe to ditch the cat as well.

Rhody...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Guys. I'm glad you like it.

HMF Engineering in Cleveland, OH installed the Akrapovic titanium system originally designed for the ZX10R. I followed SomeFun's lead and purchased the system from Mike at Riders Discount and took it to HMF for fitting. HMF created the custom mount because the stock mount was 3 inches too long for this set up. The mount is getting powder coated flat black.

I haven't heard the bike yet but they said it sounds amazing! I'm picking up the bike tomorrow and will make a video and post it on YouTube. I will put it on the Dyno tomorrow or Saturday. They will attach the 02 sensors to the exhaust before I pick it up. HMF will sell the mount they created for my bike but you'll need to cut your stock exhaust exactly how they cut mine and they will provide the measurements. I'm planning on taking the ECU or possibly the bike to Guhl on May 8th for tuning and flash. SomeFun will have the exact setup as mine and he might make it to Guhl before me. If that happens, I wont need to bring the bike to Guhl, just the ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great work! Looks first class! You had to cut the header right? I bet you took a deep breath just before you started cutting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fantastic 650ib looks so good,please do a photo of the whole bike with the new system when it's done mate,and a video of the bike running would be great too ��
Cheers Kozzy

·
Registered
554 Posts
definitely in for vids, POV pretty please...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'd hate to remove any of the stock hangers or anything...just yet that is.But the piping and can would definitely be doable as a replacement system for it.Maybe extend that midpipe to fit into the stock hanger?...IDK.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Scorpion slip on

I ordered a Scorpion slip on for a ZX10 and it went on with not too many dramas. Cut and welded the end off the OEM one to the cat pipe.
Not sure I like it quite yet, but it sounds good and has an insert that quietens things right down if you need to. I'm thinking it may be required for distance trips as it droned riding home tonight.
Tomorrow I'm going to have a go at making a fender eliminator as it's raining here anyway, I'll let you guys know how I go.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered a Scorpion slip on for a ZX10 and it went on with not too many dramas. Cut and welded the end off the OEM one to the cat pipe.
Not sure I like it quite yet, but it sounds good and has an insert that quietens things right down if you need to. I'm thinking it may be required for distance trips as it droned riding home tonight.
Tomorrow I'm going to have a go at making a fender eliminator as it's raining here anyway, I'll let you guys know how I go.

Are you going to remove the catalytic converter box? It weighs 10.5lbs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you going to remove the catalytic converter box? It weighs 10.5lbs.
Yeah probably down the track a bit. I'm happy to run it around like this for while as I have to remove the entire system to get rid of that ugly, heavy cat.
Didn't know it weighed that much, what did they do, bang some lead weights for ballast in there or something?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts