Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can buy just the headers/manifold from akrapovic? In the UK we get the slip on anyway so only need the front. On the other hand I may just cut the cat off, is their any benefit to having the akra over stock with cat removed?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't see why they can't offer that exhaust without the cat and traditional looking Akra can, I'm sure that wouldn't be a very difficult variant to build. I think they would sell much better than the current one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Does anyone know if you can buy just the headers/manifold from akrapovic? In the UK we get the slip on anyway so only need the front. On the other hand I may just cut the cat off, is their any benefit to having the akra over stock with cat removed?
You can buy the headers and manifold only from akrapovic, but the slip-on muffler (for stock header) won't fit on akra full. They have a different inlet diameter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What cat are you referring to? The full system has a pre-muffler/resonator, but there is not a cat. At least, there is not one on mine lol. I believe the main reason they don't design one without it is that the exhaust was made to allow the H2R to pass the sound limits of many tracks. It is probably not quiet enough without it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What cat are you referring to? The full system has a pre-muffler/resonator, but there is not a cat. At least, there is not one on mine lol. I believe the main reason they don't design one without it is that the exhaust was made to allow the H2R to pass the sound limits of many tracks. It is probably not quiet enough without it.

He was referring to cut the cat on the stock headers, if akra headers won't give any adavantage. No cat on akra full system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry guys I was referring to the pre-muffler/resonator...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering if I am as well off just having a link pipe to my akra slip on and cutting cat out rather than getting full akra

·
Registered
93 Posts
We are able to supply our gorgeous headers for using the stock Akra CF can. It will require your bike for a few days to fabricate the joining piece as our systems are either full or Slip on H2R types.

Also I have available an as New Akra CF rear can for £500 if anyone fancies it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
577 Posts
We are able to supply our gorgeous headers for using the stock Akra CF can. It will require your bike for a few days to fabricate the joining piece as our systems are either full or Slip on H2R types.

Also I have available an as New Akra CF rear can for £500 if anyone fancies it.

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZIpVI0l4IA
Interesting - keep us in the loop if this goes ahead - any ball park ideas on pricing ?

I would offer my bike but the bit of water between here and the UK makes getting it to you a bit expensive :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Shame you're not this side of the pond Pebble :)

If we were to get 5 orders to cover the tooling, I guess we could provide the headers to take the Akra can at around £1100-1200. ($1500)

Our full system in US is only $2800 now due to the weak £!

Regards

AJ

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts