Ninja H2 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I like the carbon fibre exhaust hanger supplied with the full system, I know you can buy it separately, however, a couple of suppliers have indicated it may not fit a standard set with OE system headers and akra slip on as supplied in the uk

So, question is, true false

Rob

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok guys, I like the carbon fibre exhaust hanger supplied with the full system, I know you can buy it separately, however, a couple of suppliers have indicated it may not fit a standard set with OE system headers and akra slip on as supplied in the uk

So, question is, true false

Rob
Never seen a slip-on with the carbon hanger, but I saw a full system with the OEM hanger, and it fits. Don't know if this can help, but if a full system fits with both, also a slip-on should fit.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Don't see why it won't fit - my standard hanger is in a box in my garage but the bike is at work - I'll try and compare them tomorrow and get some photos

·
Registered
577 Posts
Had a look at it today - the Akrapovic hanger looks like it is a few (2 or 3) mm longer than the OEM one so in reality, it seems like there is no reason why it won't fit.

Akra hanger part no

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a look at it today - the Akrapovic hanger looks like it is a few (2 or 3) mm longer than the OEM one so in reality, it seems like there is no reason why it won't fit.

Akra hanger part no

Excellent, thank you very much

Rob

·
Registered
577 Posts
Bit of news on this one - we're just fitting a 2017 H2 with a full Akra system - the 2017 bike has a bracket mounted between the OEM exhaust hanger and the frame to hold the remote preload adjuster for the rear shock. This fouls the carbon Akra exhaust hanger so Akrapovic make a redesigned bracket for the 2017 bikes.

Problem is this is out of stock so we went back to trying to fit the Akarpovic full system with the OEM exhaust hanger - it didn't fit - the mounting point on the carbon hanger is about 5mm further back than the mounting point on the OEM hanger.

So I suspect the carbon hanger may well not fit with the OEM silencer or the Akra slip on.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm

I got one on order, could end up a very expensive catapult:(

Rob

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much was the hanger Rob? Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cost me £140, typically H2 cheap, lol

That was through Cradley Kawasaki where I got my bike from

I believe they are made to order, there is a place in Italy that sells them direct but I think they are around £160-70

Would compliment your carbon akra nicely Richard

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks Rob, I've dealt with Cradley when ordering previous service parts, they've always been excellent. I'll give them a call, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts