Ninja H2 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys soon will be servicing and changing my air filter for the first time. Haven't done it before, can anyone that is familiar explain the procedure?
Looks like I will be going with the Sprint as it's easy to service and appears to filter as good as the DNA.
I know it's in the manual but I thought if it's easy to explain I would appreciate it...
Thanks
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey guys soon will be servicing and changing my air filter for the first time. Haven't done it before, can anyone that is familiar explain the procedure?
Looks like I will be going with the Sprint as it's easy to service and appears to filter as good as the DNA.
I know it's in the manual but I thought if it's easy to explain I would appreciate it...
Thanks
Jeffro ;)
Remove the 4 screws that hold the dash trim cover on the left. On top of the ram air duct there's a black screw, remove it. Remove also the big bolt (with collar and grommet on the outside, and a metal washer on the inside) and the screw that hold the fairing on the bottom to have a bit of flexibility to remove the duct. Remove the 3 bolts on the duct (long top and bottom, short back) and gently pull out the duct to clear the rubber grommet and pull it back, paying attention to the fairing. Remove the remaining 3 bolts of the air filter cover and pull it out. It can't be completely removed because there are some hoses attached. Pull the filter out and remove it. When reassembling everything pay attention to the slot on the duct where the plastic radiator shroud goes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simon0721,
Thanks mate appreciate it. I suppose after doing it once or twice it will be fine.
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today changed my OEM filter to the Sprint PO8 filter. With 1500 kms on the clock I was surprised my filter wasn't as dirty as some of the featured ones from another post. It had slight soiling, but otherwise didn't really need replacing at all. Of course I changed it as I am looking for the benefit of better air flow.
As for the disassembly/assembly I was very impressed with the fit of all the screws, fairing and air ram tube, it came off and went together like clockwork.
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sound increase from the intake and supercharger ? Can you hear it distinctly at idle ?

NOLA
Nola,
Hi mate, to be honest I didn't start it up after I installed it! Today was a day I set aside cleaning, lubricating the chain and to change to this Sprint filter. I compared the OEM and the Sprint filter side by side and can see the overall surface area to be lots more. Looking forward to seeing how it performs on my next ride. I will also listen carefully on start up and see if there's a noticeable difference.
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just fitted K&N air filter. Throttle position feels less for given HP, can hear the growl of the intake and the blow off valve seems more frequent and higher pitched.

Filter degradation happens so slowly I didn't think much about it as I don't ring the bikes neck all the time. Worth every dollar spent on a washable after market filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts