Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking, and it seems so far that the only aftermarket rear sets compatible with the H2 are the Sato Racing sets?

I've used Vortex on my past bikes. Decent price point, nice build and they have always held up. But they don't make a set for the H2, or at least available to the public.

For those of you that own them, how do the Sato sets hold up?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I have a pair of their GP-pattern rearsets waiting for my H2R to arrive (any day now!) Quality and workmanship looks great but I'll withhold final judgment until after they're installed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a pair of their GP-pattern rearsets waiting for my H2R to arrive (any day now!) Quality and workmanship looks great but I'll withhold final judgment until after they're installed.
Did you get a build date for your R yet? I was told end of March so am not expecting it until April.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
A couple weeks ago my dealer informed me that my bike was "on the boat". I hope to receive it before the end of the month. >:D>:D>:D
The dealer informed me that the bike was on the boat heading toward Ontario CA and will arrive sometime this week.
It takes 11 days to make the trip. In my case about 3 days to ship from CA.

·
Registered
277 Posts
A couple weeks ago my dealer informed me that my bike was "on the boat". I hope to receive it before the end of the month. >:D>:D>:D
That's awesome! I had somewhat assumed that they were finishing up H2s first before working on H2Rs. Maybe I'm just at the back of the queue!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
That's awesome! I had somewhat assumed that they were finishing up H2s first before working on H2Rs. Maybe I'm just at the back of the queue!
Maybe they knock out the R's first since there are only a couple hundred to produce. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
277 Posts
Maybe they knock out the R's first since there are only a couple hundred to produce. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was told my H2R hasn't even been built yet. I guess considering H2s aren't built on a standard assembly line, typical manufacturing scheduling logic doesn't really apply here, haha.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So it looks like it's between the eBay CNC Machined rearsets for $150 and the Sato Racing rearsets.

And I thought my S1000RR was expensive. Hahaha. You most definitely have to pay to play.

Now if only I could find an integrated tail light, and low pro license plate bracket..

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I was told my H2R hasn't even been built yet. I guess considering H2s aren't built on a standard assembly line, typical manufacturing scheduling logic doesn't really apply here, haha.
Mine is off the boat being processed and the dealer hopes to have it by the weekend. Man, I hope so! I'll be out of town next week. Knolly, are you located in or near CA? 1 H2R is rare enough, but 2 at the same track day would be epic. I think the universe would implode. ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine is off the boat being processed and the dealer hopes to have it by the weekend. Man, I hope so! I'll be out of town next week. Knolly, are you located in or near CA? 1 H2R is rare enough, but 2 at the same track day would be epic. I think the universe would implode. ;)
Way over in the Midwest in Indiana so no luck I’m afraid! We do need more H2Rs on the track in general. I mean good luck even finding a photo of a 2017 H2R that isn’t a Kawasaki press photo or a display model from a bike show. Let’s get them out in there natural environment!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Ok, the dealer is having a problem due to the different exhaust system on the H2R. We will likely need to custom-make a bracket.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
The Satos have been successfully mounted and tested! In the end, we used a custom bracket & bushing to connect the exhaust to the frame, a custom adjustable verticle rod for the shift linkage and a larger rubber stop for the kickstand. I don’t care about the latter’s loss in ground clearance, since it will be removed for track days.

https://youtu.be/SAD9JVJw6pk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
That looks excellent! I love the gp pattern, very intuitive, looks like the actuation is nice and smooth!
Thank you!. Yes, I actually have a harder time riding conventional shift-pattern bikes now. Dan did a great job with his install and everything works great!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
H2RLA...okay...I get it now.I thought at first you were talkin about fitment for the factory exhaust(without the rearset)My bad...lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
H2RLA...okay...I get it now.I thought at first you were talkin about fitment for the factory exhaust(without the rearset)My bad...lol
I am very angry the manufacturer with the rearsets
but I also understand that it is not a big company and also the h2 is a motorcycle that there are not many.
these must be the second ones that it manufactures and nor did the manufacturer know that just I had a short brocks installed
but what has no excuse is that I send them with approx 12 screws less!
personalize them as I wanted them and they were beautiful! I am already working to solve the problem

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts